Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • melbury
    • By melbury 12th Oct 19, 12:16 PM
    • 11,602Posts
    • 20,751Thanks
    melbury
    Blue Badge advice needed
    • 12th Oct 19, 12:16 PM
    Blue Badge advice needed 12th Oct 19 at 12:16 PM
    My OH recently applied for a blue badge. We sent a copy of his PIP award (he gets the required 8 points for the mobility part, due to not being able to plan a journey or travel alone).

Today he received a letter from the Council stating that they need sight of the PIP award letter (which they already have a copy of) and then a further sentence as follows, quote:

"If the letter is dated more than 12 months ago, then we will also need your annual updating letter."

Resolved - found out what they are talking about
    Last edited by melbury; 12-10-2019 at 1:24 PM.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time

Page 1
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 12th Oct 19, 5:11 PM
    • 2,344 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 12th Oct 19, 5:11 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 5:11 PM
    I use Blue Badge.
    Previous I had to call DWP and request an upto date Annual pip statement for 50% road ax discount.
    It was sent from dwp in a few days.
    Best you call dwp and request upto date Annual Pip statement.
    sc dmp 2012 13k Jan 2019 9880paid. 75%approx.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    Mid 2019-Virgin Money e-saver reward 18 -T.b.c.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 13th Oct 19, 9:18 PM
    • 6,004 Posts
    • 5,543 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 13th Oct 19, 9:18 PM
    • 13th Oct 19, 9:18 PM
    My OH recently applied for a blue badge. We sent a copy of his PIP award (he gets the required 8 points for the mobility part, due to not being able to plan a journey or travel alone).

Today he received a letter from the Council stating that they need sight of the PIP award letter (which they already have a copy of) and then a further sentence as follows, quote:

"If the letter is dated more than 12 months ago, then we will also need your annual updating letter."

Resolved - found out what they are talking about
    Originally posted by melbury
    Just so that you know, receiving 8 points in the following and planning a journey part doesn’t automatically qualify for a BB. You need to have scored 10 points in descriptor E.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,785Posts Today

6,993Users online

Martin's Twitter