Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PollyWolly
    • By PollyWolly 12th Oct 19, 9:04 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 11Thanks
    PollyWolly
    Moving money to stay ahead of interest
    • 12th Oct 19, 9:04 PM
    Moving money to stay ahead of interest 12th Oct 19 at 9:04 PM
    For me just now:

Virgin cc 2.5k owed. 0% until January when interest kicks in. Currently paying 120pm.

M&S 2.7k owed, 0% for another 20 month so not worrying about that just now and continue making payments of 80pm

Barclaycard 550 owed and paying interest for a long period now, don't even know the rate. 50 a month being paid but it's not really making a dent.

Argos card, 550 owed and interest paid for long period too, again 50pm being paid and an even longer road to get rid.

Have just been accepted for 2.3k 0% for 16 month with MBMA.

Virgin have now also offered a balance transfer of 0% for 12 month. Just now it's for the amount of my balance (credit limit they've given me to what I owe) of 1.1k.

When setting up MBMA yesterday I transferred 500 to the Barclaycard to get rid of that.

So what I'm wondering first is, my virgin interest is kicking in in 3 month, so can I transfer say 1.5k OUT of the owed 2.5k to MBMA for a week, then transfer so much of it back to Virgin and into the new deal they're offering of 0% for 12 month? Even though the offer is there just now, it will only last a few days and there won't be another offer for a while, this I'm sayin to watching their offers previously to me and is why I think taking it now is the right choice.

Then do a money transfer MBNA to clear Argos?

I hope this makes sense, it does somewhere in my head anyway.
Page 1
    • PollyWolly
    • By PollyWolly 13th Oct 19, 10:04 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    PollyWolly
    • 13th Oct 19, 10:04 AM
    • 13th Oct 19, 10:04 AM
    Hiya. Have I posted this in the wrong thread or just so completely surreal that there are no answers? 😁😁😁
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Oct 19, 10:17 AM
    • 23,837 Posts
    • 26,507 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Oct 19, 10:17 AM
    • 13th Oct 19, 10:17 AM
    You can BT out and then back again.

There's a small risk that the Virgin limit would be cut in the interim.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,785Posts Today

6,993Users online

Martin's Twitter