Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • punto01
    • By punto01 12th Oct 19, 5:20 PM
    • 44Posts
    • 31Thanks
    punto01
    Debt discharged in a Dro in 2017 - letter today from Dca
    • 12th Oct 19, 5:20 PM
    Debt discharged in a Dro in 2017 - letter today from Dca 12th Oct 19 at 5:20 PM
    Hi all,

I entered a Dro in 2016 - discharged in 2017. Iíve now received a letter from an agency saying they act for one of these debts and I owe them £200 and repayment forms etc.
    I know itís one of the old debts as the letter was sent to my mums address where I used to live and in my maiden name so itís easy for me to prove they are old debts and the original lender is named in my DRo. What is my best step in contacting this agency? Do I ask them to provide details of the debts they are referencing? Or do I respond straight away with my Dro info and that these debts have been written off?

Thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Oct 19, 6:03 PM
    • 18,461 Posts
    • 17,357 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:03 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 6:03 PM
    Just send a copy of your debtors report clearly showing the original creditor, copy of the letter from the insolvency service confirming your DRO and include of course the DRO reference number.

Lantern have no remedy to collect this debt, they are most likely unaware of your insolvency.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

Helping you deal with problem debt.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,966Posts Today

7,459Users online

Martin's Twitter