Reschedule Work Search Review (UC)

Hi, just need some advice as Friday morning (October 11) I had appointment at Job Centre for my work search review at 11.05am but at 9.20am I rang Universal Credit line to see if the appointment could be reschedule as I wasn't feeling to good as I was so ill to attend, the man who I spoken to, he changed the appointment for Tuesday.

All I want to know is will my Universal Credit payment be sanctioned for not turning up even though I phoned up to change the appointment and give them notice?

Any advice would be great, thank you.

Comments

• NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Probably not, but it depends. How many periods of sickness have you had in the last 12 months (you are allowed 2)? If you have had 2 or more periods of sickness in the last 12 months you will be required to provide a Fit Note from your GP to say you were not fit to attend your appointment, otherwise potentially a decision maker could sanction you. If you've had less than 2 then they should just accept it as good cause, but you've just used up 1 of your allowed periods of sickness.

From what you have described, I suspect the person you spoke to on the phone couldn't be bothered with dealing with all that so they've gone with the easy option of just rebooking your appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure