Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AHAR
    • By AHAR 12th Oct 19, 1:21 AM
    • 969Posts
    • 661Thanks
    AHAR
    Anyone have a Nokia 1 Plus phone? (or other Android Go phone without compass)
    • 12th Oct 19, 1:21 AM
    Anyone have a Nokia 1 Plus phone? (or other Android Go phone without compass) 12th Oct 19 at 1:21 AM
    This phone has android Go 9. When using Google Maps for walking directions the map remains fixed with north up but when using driving directions it rotates to face the direction of travel. The keep north up setting is off.

It's as if the maps app is expecting the phone to have a compass to tell it which way to orient the map in walking mode and stays stuck facing north in the absence of any sensor input, but in driving mode it monitors direction of travel using GPS so that does turn the map around.
    I've contacted Nokia and Google support but haven't received a useful response yet.
Page 1
    • Chino
    • By Chino 12th Oct 19, 8:50 AM
    • 1,114 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    Chino
    • 12th Oct 19, 8:50 AM
    • 12th Oct 19, 8:50 AM
    Perhaps try the HERE WeGo app which (at least in my experience) doesn't suffer from this problem?
    • AHAR
    • By AHAR 12th Oct 19, 2:14 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    AHAR
    • 12th Oct 19, 2:14 PM
    • 12th Oct 19, 2:14 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. The main reason I'd like to get rid of this problem is so I can use walking navigation easily on my upcoming trip to Japan. The HERE WeGo maps contain no detail for Japan though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,902Posts Today

6,977Users online

Martin's Twitter