Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 11th Oct 19, 9:53 PM
    • 3,005Posts
    • 58,049Thanks
    scottishminnie
    Canon EOS file transfer questions
    • 11th Oct 19, 9:53 PM
    Canon EOS file transfer questions 11th Oct 19 at 9:53 PM
    Apologies in advance for what may be a long question.

Situation is - we have a home in the US and are considering buying a second camera which we would leave there (canon eos as we know how to work it ) to avoid carrying our current kit backwards and forwards. I know it may seem frivolous and not at all money saving but it would make life easier for us

We have a Samsung tablet at the US house which we use for web browsing etc when we are there (again to avoid carrying iPad etc).

If we buy a second camera is there some way of uploading the photos from the camera to a website (or a free hosting service). Is the Samsung tablet where I could then access them back home in the UK, download, save to another device, print etc?

Sorry if it’s a really basic question- at the moment I snap away happily on the existing Canon or my phone, upload to an ancient Acer netbook I have here in the UK and print or whatever from there. It would be nice not to have to drag all the camera kit every time we go to the house but I’d definitely want to be able to access the content from here.

Advice welcome.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
Page 1
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 11th Oct 19, 10:01 PM
    • 9,205 Posts
    • 6,914 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 11th Oct 19, 10:01 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 10:01 PM
    Why not just take the sd card with you ? Oh and some cameras have wifi
    Edited again you could you a usb on to go cable perhaps and a usb card reader/adapter
    Last edited by debitcardmayhem; 11-10-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot
    • scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 11th Oct 19, 10:30 PM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 58,049 Thanks
    scottishminnie
    • 11th Oct 19, 10:30 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 10:30 PM
    Jeez - taking the SD card (Iíd buy a new one), and then presumably inserting it into the Canon back here to download, hadnít even crossed my mind. Sometimes I over complicate things

Thanks for a very simple solution!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 11th Oct 19, 10:34 PM
    • 9,205 Posts
    • 6,914 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 11th Oct 19, 10:34 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 10:34 PM
    Jeez - taking the SD card (Iíd buy a new one), and then presumably inserting it into the Canon back here to download, hadnít even crossed my mind. Sometimes I over complicate things

Thanks for a very simple solution!
    Originally posted by scottishminnie
    Yes but they are small - get lost, washed in your jeans etc, a better solution is to copy it locally and the cloud first
    Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot
    • mksysb
    • By mksysb 12th Oct 19, 7:24 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    mksysb
    • 12th Oct 19, 7:24 AM
    • 12th Oct 19, 7:24 AM
    Make sure the canon you buy has wifi, then you can use the canon connect software to transfer to tablet.

https://www.canon.co.uk/apps/canon-camera-connect/

You can then use the canon gateway to upload and download your pics

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/content/faq/?itemid=tcm:14-1309198

or you can use google photos
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 12th Oct 19, 9:54 AM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 639 Thanks
    Heedtheadvice
    • 12th Oct 19, 9:54 AM
    • 12th Oct 19, 9:54 AM
    Yes many a way to skin a cat.....

But if you value your pix consider the secure angle (such as sd card loss above)! BACKUP twice to different media locations!! Greatly increases chance of recovery if main means of storage is lost or fails!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,994Posts Today

7,535Users online

Martin's Twitter