Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • makingamends
    • By makingamends 11th Oct 19, 9:36 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    makingamends
    Under IPA - Further trustee investigation
    • 11th Oct 19, 9:36 AM
    Under IPA - Further trustee investigation 11th Oct 19 at 9:36 AM
    I am 2 years into a 3 year IPA and was discharged from BR in 2018. Recently I've been asked by the trustee to document payments in/out of my account just prior to the BR in 2017. These have already been heavily investigated by the OR at the time of my interviews ETC and I provided lots of evidence ETC. My questions are (a) why now are they looking at things AGAIN and (b) when will these Adhoc investigations ETC stop (will it be at the end of the IPA?) so I can get on with my life.
Page 1
    • Minkym00
    • By Minkym00 11th Oct 19, 12:38 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Minkym00
    • 11th Oct 19, 12:38 PM
    • 11th Oct 19, 12:38 PM
    (a) Sounds like they're doing a cold case review.

(b) The IP isn't given OR's investigations so they won't be party to any of the information you have previously provided.

Theoretically they could investigate you about pre-bankruptcy assets forever. An asset in your bankruptcy remains so until it is dealt with, that could be years later.

Annoying as it is, just give them what they need. It's in your best interests.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,866Posts Today

7,093Users online

Martin's Twitter