Why is my score this low? Please help!

14567810»

Comments

• phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 March 2019 at 3:35AM
    Everything made sense up until my second update, and then it's just deteriorated into criticism about the loan I took out

The loan and the subsequent applications (even though they were rejected) are likely why you are struggling obtaining credit. Lenders don't like to see a flurry of applications, it makes you look desperate.

It's not criticism.

You can ask them why they rejected you. https://www.money.co.uk/guides/what-should-i-do-if-my-credit-application-is-declined.htm
  • lizferris1984
    lizferris1984 Posts: 71 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2019 at 5:01PM
    phillw wrote: »
    The loan and the subsequent applications (even though they were rejected) are likely why you are struggling obtaining credit. Lenders don't like to see a flurry of applications, it makes you look desperate.

It's not criticism.

You can ask them why they rejected you. https://www.money.co.uk/guides/what-should-i-do-if-my-credit-application-is-declined.htm

Thank you. I don't need any credit at the moment though, so won't be applying for any. When I orginally posted I didn't realise the one credit card I have was still an active account - it is though, and has been paid off. So I can use this. No need for anything else, so I'm able to wait 12 months until the searches have dropped off my file.

Other than a mortgage in a few years time, I can't think of anything else I will need. I have heeded the advice about overdrafts - but also don't need one now.

My plan now is not to apply for anything for at least a year, continue making regular payments on everything & pay off the loan before the full term is complete.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure