CCJ not mine

Options
After years of having poor credit. Mine was finally starting to go upwards. My score (I know it's irrelevant) was starting to improve. And I was being accepted for little things in the past I wouldn't have been given. So all was rosy. However. In the last few months my score began to drop and I was being declined for the tiniest thing. I just thought this was due to taking out a couple of accounts and thought nothing of it. Anyhow as I was of the opinion I was improving it thought about applying for a no interest balance transfer CC and was instantly declined.

I delved deeper into my credit file yesterday and noticed a CCJ had appeared on my file. However this was in my father's name. And from 2017.

I would imagine this is the source of my issues being granted any further credit? How do I go about removing this? I've emailed the registry trust and Northampton CC but I want any trace removing from all credit reference agencies immediately?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Contact the CRAs to dispute it.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If it is not yours, then go after whoever for compensation under the Data Protection Act
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 18 October 2019 at 6:25PM
    Options
    The first paragraph of the OP is actually quite funny, the being accepted for the little things then being declined for the tiniest things. What were all these little and tiny things?
    Then we come to the actual subject of the post,
    A ccj on their credit file (singular).from 2017 in their father's name. A common problem it would seem as this type of problem is currently the subject of two threads. Considering that the OP was obviously checking their files on a regular basis, watching their score improve and then drop, I am confused how they failed to notice this ccj since 2017 as, presumably it was the existance of the ccj that was causing the credit score to drop and the tiniest things to be declined.
    Why exactly have you e-mailed the registry trust and the Northampton CC? It should be readily apparent that the ccj is not yours … oh wait. Don't tell me. Your father has exactly the same name as you and the ccj lacks a date of birth I suppose.
    Contact the CRA in question and asked for it to be removed.
    Curious about your previous poor credit score. You mention 'after years of having a poor credit score' so something must be not quite right with your credit files in the past. Are you sure this is not connected???
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They won't remove the CCJ because you email them saying it's not yours! Otherwise everyone would do it. It's not that the CCJ is wrong but it's appearing on your credit file - then that needs raising with the CRA not the trust.
  • BlueManc10
    Options
    He doesn't have the same name actual. Barring the surname. And it's on MY file in HIS name. And it's dated 2017 but it's not been there since 2017. I can assure you. So maybe take your attitude and insulting demeanour elsewhere eh?

Apologies for coming onto a forum looking for a bit of advice. I did not however come for a sarcastic response from an idiot.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    OP - with the above advice, what have done in the past 11 days to get it removed?
  • BlueManc10
    Options
    I complained directly to Experian, the court and the registry trust.

Experian said they would need to contact the registry trust to confirm. I have since had confirmation from Experian who have acknowledged this was an error and have subsequently removed this from my file. I will check when my report updates tomorrow.

I've checked the other two agencies and nothing on there about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure