Budget Energy

Anybody having problems buying electric online, I paid £30 for electric this morning and they took the money but I did not get the code. Naturally I rang Budget Energy to say that they had taken the money but I hadn't been credited with the electric I paid for. The man I spoke with said their systems were down and the money would go back into my account straight away, it hasn,t. I don't see anyone else on here complaining about this so I can only assume He was lying. Told me to go to the shop and get it but I'm more or less housebound and would need a taxi to take me to the shop round the corner anyway I want my money back or the electric that I'm owed.

Comments

• shortone
    shortone Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi
    I know my issue us not the same as yours but my provider is also budget energy. I pay my direct debit on 1st of the month. This month they took 2 payments. They emailed to say it would be refunded that day but it didn't appear in my account until the day after. Hopefully your refund will appear on the next banking day. That are obviously have IT problems at the moment.
  • qurious
    qurious Posts: 77 Forumite
    I complained to them and they credited me with £20 that they said they would take at 30% from my next few top-ups. They said they would refund my account £30 but that hasn't happened yet. This is the second time this has happened but luckily it went through to my email last time. I will give them until Monday refund but think I am going to have to go with a different energy company with dd then the problem of going to get it won't be there.
  • qurious
    Money still not refunded, means I am wary of buying electric off them because if I don't get the electric I might not get a full refund. Even I switch over it will take a while and I will still need electric.
  • qurious
    Money has not been refunded yet copy of email electric has been used £20

Below is a £20 vend code to credit your meter for the mean time, this will be recouped from your next few top-ups at 30%.

26372 09628 33097 13267

Your transaction from this morning will be refunded in to your account, apologies again for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Karl.
    Still owe me £10 but seem to be happy to ignore this fact and not only that are planning to over charge for electric I already paid for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure