some sellers, seriously?

Options
An aunt has just told me she bought an item from a seller 2 weeks ago and paid for the item within 10 minutes. A couple of days later the seller said they hadn't been paid but all the evidence showed they had.

Loads of messing around for over a week then yesterday she got an email saying sorry I cat send the item. Then she got a refund notification.

Aunt is really annoyed at being messed about. Is there anything that she can do?
Cheers.

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Don't buy from that seller again.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Hardly a disincentive for the seller to stop messing people around.

How does eBay see it?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hardly a disincentive for the seller to stop messing people around.

How does eBay see it?

Depends on how seller marked it as cancelled. Also despite being cancelled your aunt can still leave feedback, go in via the original purchase and leave warning feedback that seller does not send goods, or is selling out of stock items. Then also report the seller.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • There was recently reports of orders not appearing in eBay but appearing in Paypal.

Over the years we've had a few orders that get marked as pending without Checkout being completed and so sit in awiting payment, however the order has gone through and something has gone wrong with eBay fully updating the order to paid.

The seller may just be messing about but sometimes things do go wrong.

That said the seller should make an effort to communicate better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure