Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• My Cambridge BS RSA Issue 6 just matured. I immediately re-subscribed for the same RSA Issue a second time, as the Issue 6 T&Cs permit. A staff member indicated on the phone that he expects Issue 6 to remain open for a while longer; he thinks it's unlikely to be replaced by another Issue in the near future. I pass this on for what it's worth.
  • My Cambridge BS RSA Issue 6 just matured. I immediately re-subscribed for the same RSA Issue a second time, as the Issue 6 T&Cs permit. A staff member indicated on the phone that he expects Issue 6 to remain open for a while longer; he thinks it's unlikely to be replaced by another Issue in the near future. I pass this on for what it's worth.

If you give them a bell before it matures you can instruct them to send all but 300 pounds to your nominated account and set up a new RS on maturity with this 300.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 November 2018 at 7:39PM
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    It gets worse. When they say the rate will reduce, should you exceed the £7250 balance, do they specify whether the rate is dropped from.the date you exceeded it, or whether it is dropped for the whole term?

We are all getting the same response to our messages, just repeating the July letter. Which doesn't help.

They are not specifically 'specifying' even the basic question so far ie can we deposit £500 today, rather than £250 on 1/12 and £250 on 1/1.

The final interest is going to cloud the issue as it may take the normal and expected £7250 over £7500. So your query is for the moment further along the queue.

EDIT: I've just run a quick calc of the final interest; like probably most on here I've deposited the monthly £250 on the FDOTM. It comes to a bit under £72, so added to the £153 approx that we have had so far, it should keep the end balance comfortably under £7500.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    schiff wrote: »
    We are all getting the same response to our messages, just repeating the July letter. Which doesn't help.

They are not specifically 'specifying' even the basic question so far ie can we deposit £500 today, rather than £250 on 1/12 and £250 on 1/1.
    The two people I have spoken to have specifically confirmed that whatever your balance currently is, that you can add sufficient funds in a single drop in order to bring the balance upto £7250 excluding interest. The second of the two people I spoke to told me that the balance can be brought to £7250 excluding interest or £7500 including interest.

Personally, and in the absence of anything written down, I would defer from bringing the balance beyond £7250.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    "Yes you can make the balance of your account up to the £7250 now if you wish."

Just received via e-mail. I think one can accept that one is now on safe ground :)
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 November 2018 at 5:39PM
    schiff wrote: »
    "Yes you can make the balance of your account up to the £7250 now if you wish."

Just received via e-mail. I think one can accept that one is now on safe ground :)

Still no reply to my follow up query - but I was hoping it would refer to no reduction in the interest rate if I do top up fully.

It's like pulling teeth!

EDIT on performing the maths I'll only benefit by circa £1.70 by moving the thick end of £1k here for just over two months more than from the 1.5% it currently resides in - so won't risk it.

Hope it works out for others
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For Leeds Issue 4, your deposits can't exceed £7250. This doesn't include accrued interest. But now it sounds like the max balance, with interest, is £7500, which is a new thing.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    aj23 wrote: »
    For Leeds Issue 4, your deposits can't exceed £7250. This doesn't include accrued interest. But now it sounds like the max balance, with interest, is £7500, which is a new thing.

Yes, you're right. But there isn't any formal written evidence of this, which is concerning!
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Leeds BS Regular Saver.

Issue 20 replaced by 21 with a maturity date of 4 November 2019

All other conditions are the same as Issue 20, referenced in post #4 of this thread. Interest rate still 2.3%
  • Hi Folks,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Leeds BS account updated to issue 21 with maturity date in November 2019

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure