Thomas Cook - what you need to know - MSE News

Comments

• Same here BobbleBob... i had 1 that was pending and 1 that was awaiting response, now both have become awaiting review with one being day 4 of 60 and the other being day 0 of 60 sigh
  • bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gordyfu wrote: »
    Same here BobbleBob... i had 1 that was pending and 1 that was awaiting response, now both have become awaiting review with one being day 4 of 60 and the other being day 0 of 60 sigh

Guess some change in our claim is better than no change.
  • RS2OOO
    RS2OOO Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    r9spw wrote: »
    I checked my bank account on Friday and no refund, having read various online details I checked my spam/junk email and found one from protect claims. I moved it from junk but it has disappeared. Does anyone have details of what I need to send back and what address it need to go back to please?
    I think it asked for, proof of booking, confirmation of payment from TC, credit card statement with payment on and fill out refund form but no idea where from. Thanks in advance

You need to send them proof of everything pretty much. They have sent me 3 different emails asking for essentially the same information but formatted differently. Latest one is this:

"We are writing to you with regards to the above Thomas Cook claim.

In order to continue processing your claim we require the following information:
    1. A completed copy of the attached form. Please note that we require this to be signed by the individual/s who made the original payment/s.

https://pcmcf.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/BADF.pdf

a) If you paid by debit/credit or charge card – we need one of the following showing your payment(s):

• your bank/credit/charge card statement, or a copy of it;
    • a printed copy or electronic image of your online statement; or
    • a printed or electronic screenshot of your credit card/banking App

In all instances we need to see the name/s of the account holder/s

• the paperwork issued by Thomas Cook that shows receipt of your payment(s).

b) If you paid by cheque – we need to see that the cheque cleared based on one of the following:

• your bank statement, or a copy of it showing your payment(s);
    • a printed copy or electronic image of your online bank statement showing your payment(s); or
    • a printed or electronic screenshot of your banking App showing your payment(s)

c) If you paid by bank transfer- we need to see one of the following:

• your statement, or a copy of it showing your payment(s);
    • a printed copy or electronic image of your online bank statement showing your payment(s); or
    • a printed or electronic screenshot of your banking App showing your payment(s)

d) If you paid in cash and your payment was less than £1,000 in a single transaction

• the original (or a copy of the) cash receipt that you received at the time of payment that confirms cash as the payment method

• all the paperwork issued by Thomas Cook. This must show the payments you made in respect of your Thomas Cook booking. Where your payment included payment for items in addition to the Thomas Cook product your documents must also show which part of your payment is protected by Thomas Cook’s ATOL and which, if any, is not.

e) If you paid more than £1,000 in cash in a single transaction

• the original (or a copy of the) cash receipt you received at the time of payment that confirms cash as the payment method; and • documentary evidence of the source of cash i.e. withdrawal of the sum from your bank.

• all the paperwork issued by Thomas Cook. This must show the payments you made in respect of your Thomas Cook booking. Where your payment included payment for items in addition to the Thomas Cook product your documents must also show which part of your payment is protected by Thomas Cook’s ATOL and which, if any, is not.

f) If you paid by vouchers/gift cards

• Proof of payment (see the information above depending on how you paid) for your gift card/vouchers and proof this was how you paid, or part paid, for your holiday

Kind Regards

XXXXXXXXXX
    Service Leader

Protect Claims
    "
  • I have just used the tracker as someone above put and it states that my claim got paid yesterday. Checked bank and no payment as of yet and said I would receive written confirmation 1-3 working days so will be interesting to see if I have actually been paid out.
  • Ok, so a week ago today, email from protect claims asking for proof of identity I.e bank statement, and also payment authorisation template to return.

All sent on Thursday, and a reply thursday evening saying claim complete payment sent and written confirmation in 1-3 days. JACKPOT!!!

Well, 1 week later,....

No letter
    No responses
    And no money.......

It's more principle for me now, I get people will need money to rebook etc and mine was only a small deposit, but honesty would go a lot further than the shambles and lies being spouted at present........
  • bobblebob

Protect Claims number. Rings for 50 mins roughly but you get through and they can check your status. Told me there behind but i have a specific claims handler assigned to my case
  • Hi folks, I’m new to the forum and just wanted to share my TC woes and wondered if anyone else had any ideas....

I booked and paid for a TC holiday in one of their high street shops and paid a total of £952 made up of a £900 eVoucher from eu261 delay from a previous TC holiday and £52 by credit card.

Today £52 has been paid into my account from Claim Protect and, after being on hold to them for 20 minutes, I was informed that’s all they’re liable for and I should contact the administrators Alix Partners and declare myself a creditor to claim the £900 back...

I must admit I thought once the ATOL certificate is issued I would be covered for the full cost of the holiday however I paid...

Does this seem right?

I have also phoned my credit card provider to lodge a section 75 claim for the £900 but have to call back tomorrow between 9 and 5...

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received and apologies if I’ve missed this covered elsewhere..

Dave W
  • Steameh
    Steameh Posts: 369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Received my full refund today 👍🏼. Hopefully others will follow for the rest of you.
    EMERGENCY FUND CHALLENGE - £2,292.05 / £6000

DEBT FREE DATE - 16/02/2021
    Pay Debt by Xmas 2021 - No.134 - £2,871.64 / £2,871.64 - 100% Paid
    Pay Debt by Xmas 2020 - No.134 - Target: £7,985 / Achieved: £5,113.36
    Pay Debt by Xmas 2019 - No.134 - Target: £15,985.00 / Achieved: £8,000
  • bobblebob
    DaveWi wrote: »
    Hi folks, I’m new to the forum and just wanted to share my TC woes and wondered if anyone else had any ideas....

I booked and paid for a TC holiday in one of their high street shops and paid a total of £952 made up of a £900 eVoucher from eu261 delay from a previous TC holiday and £52 by credit card.

Today £52 has been paid into my account from Claim Protect and, after being on hold to them for 20 minutes, I was informed that’s all they’re liable for and I should contact the administrators Alix Partners and declare myself a creditor to claim the £900 back...

I must admit I thought once the ATOL certificate is issued I would be covered for the full cost of the holiday however I paid...

Does this seem right?

I have also phoned my credit card provider to lodge a section 75 claim for the £900 but have to call back tomorrow between 9 and 5...

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received and apologies if I’ve missed this covered elsewhere..

Dave W

http://familyfund.travelbyinspire.co.uk/thomas-cook-giftcard

Tried that? I doubt you are entitled to them back in cash
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DaveWi wrote: »

Does this seem right?

https://thomascook.caa.co.uk/refunds/i-was-due-to-travel-and-booked-directly-with-thomas-cook/
    "* Please be aware that we are not able to issue a refund if you were given your voucher or gift card as compensation, a loyalty voucher, or from winning a prize or raffle. Only bookings that were made with vouchers originally paid for by cash or other monetary payment, such as credit or debit card, can be refunded."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure