Weight Watchers Support

Comments

• Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Right, I'VE DONE IT!! Pushed the button, or rather poked the screen of my ipad and am now a fully paid up member of this lovely elite group!

So my daily allowance is 23 and weekly 28 so just need to get my head round all this and make sure I don't unintentionally sabotage my efforts - this is where you WW pals will come in I hope.

So signed up for 9 months as it is the most cost effective option - and we all met on MSE so I know you will all get that. A tenner a month is worth it, so happy with my choice.

Need to download the app which is totally beyond me so just waiting for one of my lovely, patient much younger colleagues to come into work and set me up.

Before I start work for the day lets get the stats out of the way eh? I am 5 ft 4 and last year was 11 st 10 - now 10 st 11. Would like to see how I look at 10 st - which should take max 10 weeks, hopefully less

Will check in later - have a great day
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :wave: to the new people on here.

I haven't lost any more weight this week and it's Thursday! That sometimes happens that I lose weight in the first part of the week and sometimes in the second half.

I think I might up my exercise and use my trampoline today.

I'm on another forum and all the women on the health section have Fitbits to track their activity. I wonder if they are worth the money. Hmm.

I had beans on 2 toast for breakfast. I will have the leek and potato soup for lunch. It'a amazing how tasty that soup is with only three ingredients.:)
  • Dorothy60
    How can one little miserable sausage be 6 points. :rotfl: it's only a couple of bites.......

Good job I weighed them and checked, I was going to have 2. :rotfl:

Have you tried Heck sausages, LL? 2 for 1 point! The chicken Italia ones are lush and often on offer at T at 10 for £2 cheap as chips.

So today I have had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and salmon salad sandwich for lunch - was shocked that the seeded farmhouse bread is 4 points a slice, but I've still got 15 points left. Going for a wetherspoons curry tonight, chicken jalfrezi is one of lowest point options but will go over with the side and a pint of Carlsberg lol, but I will take it out of my weekly surplus.

So got the app downloaded, still have to figure out how to use it - want to add in my exercise for extra points and don't know how to do it yet - sigh.

Need some more free food during the day, fruit etc - will sort that tonight

So half way through my first day and feeling good.

Last night I found a box of chocs that one of the kids got me for mothers day and forgot to give me - but don't worry, I only ate several and will ration the rest
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks Dorothy, I will look out for those sausages.

Well my day is scuppered......a bit of a fibro flare up. I think its weather related because it's awful here, cold, wet and miserable with an icy wind that could cut you in half. I managed to walk to the library but I won't be going out again. I'll just hunker down and keep warm.

I haven't had a mAssage for a while so I've booked one for next Tuesday. In the meantime I'll try the acupressure mat and try and do a bit of yoga.

I still haven't got the app sorted yet, so I just manage with my shopping guide to find out point values. It's quite straightforward.

Dorothy it took me a few days to get my head round it all but now I know what I'm doing I am finding it quite easy.

Definitely fill up on free foods. If you can make at least one meal a day "free" it will help. Luckily there are over 200 free foods so plenty to go at.

I am eating so much food now, mainly because I usually have 2 free or very low point meals. I think my weight loss stalled before because I wasn't eating enough. Maybe I have kickstarted my metabolism.

I have upped my fruit and veg intake. I eat around 10 portions a day now.
  • SnoozySuzy
    SnoozySuzy Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 4 April 2019 at 10:15PM
    Hello! Not brand new to MSE but it’s been a while and I can’t for the life of me remember my password and login. So I thought I’d have a nice fresh start. :)

Is it ok if I join you? I much prefer posting on forums and everything seems to be geared to social media apps these days (showing my age, I guess...)

I’m Sue, currently very tired (hence the username) and I’ve been on WW since last Saturday (after a couple of false starts the 2 days before that). It all seems to be going ok so far but I guess I’ll know more when I weigh in on Saturday!

23 daily points, 42(?) weeklies (not sure now I’ve used lots of them!) and a way to go, weight-wise. I was 15st 5.8lbs (that 0.8 is so much better than rounding up, LOL) on Saturday so here’s hoping I’ve made a little dent with my efforts this week. I’ll soon find out! But even if it hasn’t made much difference it’s changed what I’ve eaten this week to much healthier stuff so that’s a big plus. I don’t always look after myself too well after being widowed in 2016. But I’m going to be 50 in December and I’m toying with the idea of going on a great holiday to celebrate - nothing planned yet. And I want to be Fab at Fifty, not the other word beginning with F.

Looking forward to seeing how we all get on. :)
  • lessonlearned
    Hi Suzy.....welcome to our little gang. Sorry to hear that you lost your husband. I'm a widow too, it sucks doesn't it. :o

Anyway, well done for grasping the nettle. Stick with it and You'll be Fab at Fifty .......:D.
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning.....

I have a new target.

9th June - my grandsons christening.

10lbs In 10 weeks. ;).

Watch this space......
  • Dorothy60
    Hi Ss, glad you’ve joined us. Sorry to hear of your loss. What fantastic goals you and LL have. Day 2 for me and not working today so don’t have my usual structure and don’t want to eat in to my weekend extra points. Will keep busy and not keep reaching for the biscuit tin. Going to have brunch later with my fab heck sausages, a point for two then the rest is free if cooked appropriately. Really glad I joined up now. Want to be a size 12 while I’m still 60. There. That’s my goal.
  • Hello again :) Thanks for the welcome xx

Yes, it certainly does suck being a widow. I’m so sorry you’re in the same boat LL. :(

10lbs in 10 weeks sounds absolutely doable!

Hope you managed to avoid the biscuit tin, D.

It’s day 7 so that means it’s weigh day tomorrow. Hope I’ve lost something. I know I said earlier that it doesn’t matter but I think we all know that it does. :) Still - it’s been a successful week. I’ve stuck to my points, still have a few weeklies left.

I guess I’ll know soon enough!
  • lessonlearned
    Good luck with the weigh in Suzy. I attend the WW workshops on Mondays. I do weigh myself in between although I'm not sure how accurate my scales are but I'm pretty sure I've lost again this week.

I am going out for a meal tomorrow and whilst I won't go mad I am not going to be fretting over the menu choices. I have 34 extra points saved up so hopefully I won't sabotage my weight loss. It's only one meal......:rotfl: I never eat puddings anyway and I'm driving so I won't be drinking much either. I'll probably skip the latte too. So I should be ok.

Yesterday I had acupuncture. I feel a bit better so today I'm going to start exercising! Exercise bike, cross trainer and Pilates.

Maybe a bit of gardening if it's warm enough.

How are you all getting on........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure