Cloudy tap water

Hi all
I filled a clear cup up with water from my bathroom sink. Best way to describe it was cloudy, looking like it had dust in it. I tried the tap in the bath and it was the same thing. The only diffthag I may have seen was that it was more cloudy with the hot water tap but I can't be certain of the difference. I also checked it in the kitchen and it seemed a little clearer.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Does it go clear if you leave it sat in the cup after 5-10 mins on the side?
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,809 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Dead squirrel in the cold water tank? (I have seen this happen!).

But as wishaponastar implies, it may simply be minute air bubbles which can be caused by some tap valves and also by some other items (e.g. pressure reducers). If so, the cloudiness should disappear over a period of a few minutes.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Firstly check to see if it's actually cloudy from the mains by running your cold water tap for a while, if that is clear and it's just the hot water tap then and it dissipates after a minute or two then it's just air bubbles and nothing to worry about.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Are the bathroom cold taps fed from a water tank rather than a direct mains feed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure