Saving what I can

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gosh some great advice there. Riotlady, please take heart, there are many things you can do to help get more money. Sometimes fleabay is a faff I agree.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No bank switching any time soon for me, unfortunately. My partner doesn't have a bank account that allows transfers (nor does he have ID to open a proper bank account, though we're working on this) so he has to take money for rent and stuff out in cash each month and pay it directly into my bank, which means that I'm limited to the bank that's nearby. I wouldn't meet the minimum monthly pay-ins for most of them anyway, but maybe in the next year or two.

Am working my way through surveys and also some product testing (doesn't make any money but yay, free stuff!)

I was in a grumpy mood yesterday but today's been a good day :) I went into town again with a friend and had lunch (£10 at Giraffe, very nice) and got my bracelet fixed and cleaned (for free!)
  • riotlady
    Options
    We're due a couple of important deliveries today and tomorrow so I'll be hanging out at home to make sure we don't miss them (it's miserable outside anyway!)

I had a growth scan yesterday and an appointment with the diabetes consultant- they reckon baby is 7lbs 10 already :eek: All of the newborn clothes only go up to 9lbs, I'm starting to worry none of them will fit xD I'm going to be having a c-section in my 38th week but they can't confirm when yet- I'll get a call on the 26th and it could be anytime that week!

So, less than 3 weeks to go!!! Very exciting :)

Plan of action for the next couple of days

- Finally sort out the living room shelves so they look pretty
    - Sort out riotdude's random boxes of books
    - Ebay whatever I find that's sellable
    - Keep up with surveys
    - Call my Granny and email riotdude's to give them an update
    - Make chicken noodle soup from last night's leftover chicken
    - Repack hospital bag with a mix of newborn and 0-3 clothes in case of very chunky baby
  • riotlady
    Options
    Well sorting out the bookshelves is turning out to be a bigger job than I thought! Bright side is that I found a few old textbooks that We Buy Books is willing to give me £15 for and a few ebayable items.

I have checked in with both the Grannys though and riotdude made some very lovely chicken soup so can tick both of those off the to-do list.
  • Jaymie_kate
    Options
    It's always a challenge starting things like career, education and a child to raise but as all the others have said you're on the right path. Cliche as it may sound but sometimes the right path is not the easiest way. Take comfort in the fact that all hardships will pay off in the end.
  • riotlady
    Options
    I've had some more bits of money coming in from MB and surveys but none has made it to the savings fund as it's been needed for bills and the like.

Last night riotdude and I went out to the pub quiz- spent £12 on dinner and then £6 on a couple of drinks (helps that I can't have any alcohol!) so a reasonably cheap night out :) Plus possibly one of the last we're going to get in a while!!

Plan for today-

- Organise stationary and crafting materials
    - Put away baby stuff from surprise shower my friends threw me
    - Go to Barclays and see if I can get my new debit card working
    - Go to the post office
    - List last few bits and bobs on ebay
    - Take rubbish out
  • riotlady
    Options
    Eeeeeek got a call from the hospital and I'll be having a baby next Tuesday!

I've had a very productive day today (although I went out to the post office and forgot to try and sort my debit card at the bank while I was there, d'oh!) but I feel like this might just kick me into overdrive :D
  • riotlady
    Options
    Got £156 through from Hatton Garden Metals for my necklace, so that should cover some bills for the latter half of this month :)

Trying to get lots of washing done today and fiiiiinally sort things out with Barclays. Should be a no spend day as we have plenty of food in the house.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great news on necklace and drying. Very MSE.:j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • riotlady
    Options
    Great news on necklace and drying. Very MSE.:j

Thanks! :)

Didn't end up being a no-spend day as I spotted my favourite deoderant half price in Super Drug, so I stocked up on a couple of cans and my Granny sent us some money to buy a baby carrier so I bought that off Amazon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure