Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    pantaiema wrote: »
    Saga telephone easy access. I understand this is a telephone banking. But Could you get online access? If so what do I need to do to get online access? Thanks
    Unsurprisingly, this is answered at https://www.saga.co.uk/money/savings-overview/telephone-easy-access:
    How do I open and manage my account?
    You can open your account by phone or online, however you can only manage your account by telephone.
    and https://www.saga.co.uk/money/savings-overview/telephone-easy-access/account-conditions:
    Operating your Telephone Easy Access Account:
    By telephone only.
    If only there was a clue in the product name.... ;)
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Seeing as everyone in this thread is knowledgable on direct debit requirements...

How many (separate) direct debits do you need for Barclays Blue Rewards and Co-op everyday rewards?

The terms mention you must pay 2 and 4 per month respectively, but they don't specifically state they must be different direct debits.

If so then one post office account could satisfy an account and that would make it slightly easier to setup.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • clivep wrote: »
    The conditions state "To earn interest, each statement month you must pay in at least £750 and have at least three direct debits paid from your account (excluding direct debits to a Tesco Bank savings account)".

As it doesn't say they have to be different mandates then 1 paying out 3 times (such as PayPal) should be sufficient but I cannot confirm this from my own experience.

Unless the 3 same gym memberhips are paid in one consolidated amount then there would be 3 DD mandates anyway. I can confirm this meets the qualifying conditions as my 3 DDs are with one company.

Thanks. Yeah, by reading the T&Cs I figured it didn't need to be from different mandates, but I wouldn't be surprised either if they were just being vague and 3 paypal DDs wouldn't work in the end... I'm still waiting on mt Tesco account to be open and then I'll try and see what works. I shall be able to come back here and confirm my findings in a month's time.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Am I correct in thinking that currently the options are:
    Birmingham Midshires
    Post Office
    Ecology

Any more? And can they each only pull one direct debit?
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking that currently the options are:
    Birmingham Midshires
    Post Office
    Ecology

Any more? And can they each only pull one direct debit?

Saga & Scottish Widows may still be available.
  • Lungboy
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Saga & Scottish Widows may still be available.

Thanks for those. Saga are out as I'm not old enough, and Scottish Widows need a deposit via another SW account or a cheque, neither of which I have.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Thanks for those. Saga are out as I'm not old enough, and Scottish Widows need a deposit via another SW account or a cheque, neither of which I have.
    Order a cheque book?
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 576 Forumite

Scottish Widows:
    Their Internet Saver is still showing as unavailable to new investors.

Presumably you're referring to their Instant Saver 3 a/c (£100 minimum balance, interest rate 0.35%). If so, then the initial deposit can be made by Direct Debit rather than by cheque...
    "Please note, if you're making your initial deposit by Direct Debit, we require identification in the form of an original bank statement, cancelled cheque or pre-printed pay-in slip from a UK bank or building society current account on which you are named (this will be returned without delay)".

This is also detailed on the application form.
  • nanjo
    nanjo Posts: 199 Forumite
    clivep wrote: »
    Scottish Widows:

Presumably you're referring to their Instant Saver 3 a/c (£100 minimum balance, interest rate 0.35%). If so, then the initial deposit can be made by Direct Debit rather than by cheque...
    "Please note, if you're making your initial deposit by Direct Debit, we require identification in the form of an original bank statement, cancelled cheque or pre-printed pay-in slip from a UK bank or building society current account on which you are named (this will be returned without delay)".

Thanks for the info. Anyone know that we can change linked AC after opening and still require new proof for new linked AC?
  • Lungboy
    clivep wrote: »
    Scottish Widows:

Thanks for that. I hunted through their website but missed that.

So that's 4 DD for the under 50s, 5 for over 50s? Do any of these accounts allow multiple DDs, or is it one linked DD per account?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback