PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Thrifty Ways For Modern Days Discussion Area

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 10 August 2009 at 10:45AM in Old style MoneySaving
This discussion relates to the
Thrifty Ways

Info page including how to buy the book (full title "Thrifty Ways for Modern Days")
To discuss Thrifty Ways click reply.
If it's the Money Diet you want to discuss then you can do that here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done Martin :T
    it looks fab
    my order is already in :D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Yep my copy is also on it's way - however I got mine for £4.77 because I went thru quidco (-2% (tracked to -22p which is about 4%??)) and used a 50p off code found on packs of POPZ popcorn currently on offer in Tesco on BOGOF.
    You can't get anymore money saving than that - well I suppose I did get approx 60% off my bill by using coupons so my bogof became buy 1 get 1 1/2 free so even my popcorn came nice and cheap just how a MSE should get their groceries:j :beer: :j
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    I suppose that wouldnt benefit the site though if you went through Quidco. I dont mind sacrificing 2% of £5.49 for this site :)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    I ordered it for my MIL last night, but I might be cheeky and read it myself before I give it to her LOL
  • Lizbetty
    Lizbetty Posts: 979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've ordered me and my mum a copy each for christmas...I think they'll both be well thumbed as she's up to her eyes and our 2nd bubba is due in January, so we'll all be tightening our belts a notch!!

Character building, innit???!!! :rolleyes:
  • Danni
    Danni Posts: 345 Forumite
    Thanks Martin :) Book has been ordered :D
    Purple Penguin Power!
  • Hanxx
    Hanxx Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ordered mine last night too.
  • ordered two yesterday - for bro and sis for christmas. so far (as far as I know) they have ignored all my advice re looking at the website so this should get them started!
  • Thanks Martin, I've just pre-ordered my copy too.
    My mantra is "Never pay full price!" ;)
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yep my copy is also on it's way - however I got mine for £4.77 because I went thru quidco (-2% (tracked to -22p which is about 4%??)) and used a 50p off code found on packs of POPZ popcorn currently on offer in Tesco on BOGOF.
    You can't get anymore money saving than that - well I suppose I did get approx 60% off my bill by using coupons so my bogof became buy 1 get 1 1/2 free so even my popcorn came nice and cheap just how a MSE should get their groceries:j :beer: :j

I ordered mine 24/11 it's still not here. If I took this long to send my Amazon customers their books I would never get a sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure