Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 18, 12:43 PM
    • 27,125Posts
    • 325,264Thanks
    davemorton
    Elite: Is this table taken please?
    • 30th Nov 18, 12:43 PM
    Elite: Is this table taken please? 30th Nov 18 at 12:43 PM
    Just looking for a spare quiet table in the corner of the arms for a few exiled elite to chat, is this table free please?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
Page 88
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 19th Dec 18, 7:17 AM
    • 36,926 Posts
    • 500,258 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

Hugs to sleazy and our very own SSM

Today in my lunch half hour I intend to source a Christmas tree AND visit an elderly neighbour in a care home.

Somehow I think it may take longer than 30 mins
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bcw123
    • By bcw123 19th Dec 18, 7:39 AM
    • 963 Posts
    • 13,763 Thanks
    bcw123
    morning all It is now about a month since the original site was closed down I have now found that a lot of good things have happened on this site {1 } There seems to be no long winded discussions posted through out the night {2} No photos of animals {3} No photos of peoples reduced to clear shopping baskets But the down side is there does not seem to be any Glitches or real special deals All the best and a Happy Xmas to everyone
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 19th Dec 18, 8:01 AM
    • 20,616 Posts
    • 217,126 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, cloudy one here.

Hi Malc.
    You've been so helpful to elite members and I wondered if you could advise me please. Been with Eon a few years as always get good comparisons so no need to change. I've had a letter telling me that by law Eon have to change my meter, and they are going to fit a smart meter. I really don't want a smart meter yet. Can I refuse a smart meter and insist on an old style one.
    Thanks
    N x
    Originally posted by Naebbirac
    I had a phone call from one of our suppliers saying they wanted to install a smart meter. I said no. It is not by law, they cannot force you to have a smart meter, hopefully Malc will confirm this to you later.

morning all It is now about a month since the original site was closed down I have now found that a lot of good things have happened on this site {1 } There seems to be no long winded discussions posted through out the night {2} No photos of animals {3} No photos of peoples reduced to clear shopping baskets But the down side is there does not seem to be any Glitches or real special deals All the best and a Happy Xmas to everyone
    Originally posted by bcw123
    As far as I am concerned that is not a good thing.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Dec 18, 8:07 AM
    • 30,871 Posts
    • 436,746 Thanks
    tweets

I had a phone call from one of our suppliers saying they wanted to install a smart meter. I said no. It is not by law, they cannot force you to have a smart meter, hopefully Malc will confirm this to you later.

As far as I am concerned that is not a good thing.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

I have seen loads dog and cat pics on this thread cheers me up when I see all our furbabies.
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Dec 18, 8:10 AM
    • 30,871 Posts
    • 436,746 Thanks
    tweets
    nanny was yesterday's smartest player!

23 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • juju17
    • By juju17 19th Dec 18, 8:37 AM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 14,615 Thanks
    juju17
    Originally posted by bcw123
    For me the thread was never just about the glitches ...I enjoy catching up in the mornings, seeing posters pets, and hearing what people have managed to get rtc.
    Good job we are all different
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Dec 18, 8:46 AM
    • 13,379 Posts
    • 25,075 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I never knew the old thread ....
    If you all move again, hope that you'll leave me a forwarding address!
    (P)earl Of The Alphabetty
    Nabob Of None
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 19th Dec 18, 9:00 AM
    • 10,534 Posts
    • 119,457 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=Sleazy;75205243]I never knew the old thread ....
    If you all move again, hope that you'll leave me a forwarding address! [/QUOTE

Good morning all and sleazy lol

No you don't have to have a smart meter.
    • Fruittea
    • By Fruittea 19th Dec 18, 10:02 AM
    • 767 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    Fruittea
    Morning Everyone. Nice clear day here. And although housebound with this terrible cold I've managed to wrap all the pressies. Only the ones that are still intranset to do.
    Guests don't arrive until Saturday - so a bit of frantic shopping tomorrow and I'm done.

Just to say the other thread is busier with some bargains but no so pictures. And as I lost my last fur baby on November the 1st I really miss seeing.

Maybe more glitches for the New Year.

Have a good day Everyone.
    Last edited by Fruittea; Today at 11:07 AM.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 19th Dec 18, 10:04 AM
    • 38,319 Posts
    • 160,997 Thanks
    silvercar
    We've been refusing a smart meter for a while now.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Malc
    With marshmallows and cream

Hope you can enjoy your weekend even though it will be hard.

Hope Monday goes as well as it can and the elite will be thinking about you and your mum
    Originally posted by tweets

Many thanks tweets. Monday went as well as these things can and glad it's over.

Hope your situation becomes a little easier.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    [QUOTE=tweets;75180535] and (((X))) for EON Malc

Hope you are looking after him Helena for you too[/QUOTE

Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is ok

I'm so glad to have Malc back, I've tried to look after him with a nice .

When we get to Friday I'll have a large gin please

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Smart Meters
    Hi Malc.
    You've been so helpful to elite members and I wondered if you could advise me please. Been with Eon a few years as always get good comparisons so no need to change. I've had a letter telling me that by law Eon have to change my meter, and they are going to fit a smart meter. I really don't want a smart meter yet. Can I refuse a smart meter and insist on an old style one.
    Thanks
    N x
    Originally posted by Naebbirac

Hello Naebbirac and thank you for your kind words.

Smart meters are optional and you can refuse to have them. Although we've a legal responsibility to replace meters when they reach the end of their guaranteed life, it doesn't have to be with a smart meter.

If your property is eligible for smart meters (not all are), we'll offer to fit them once the existing meters reach the end of their guaranteed life. Please let us know you don't want smart meters and we'll arrange to fit traditional meters similar to those already at your home. Contact details will be on the letter you've received.

Hope this helps Naebbirac. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to advise. Thanks also for staying with us.

Malc
    E.ON Smart Meters

Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

Spot on Enterprise 1701C. As above, although we do need to change meters every so often to make sure they're accurate and safe, it doesn't have to be with a smart meter. There's definitely no way customers must agree to smart meters.

Malc
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 19th Dec 18, 11:50 AM
    • 4,250 Posts
    • 57,419 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    For me the thread was never just about the glitches ...I enjoy catching up in the mornings, seeing posters pets, and hearing what people have managed to get rtc.
    Good job we are all different
    Originally posted by juju17
    I echo this and will not post all my negative thoughts on the original poster
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 19th Dec 18, 12:12 PM
    • 2,744 Posts
    • 43,949 Thanks
    izzy65

Yep!!!!!!
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Dec 18, 2:33 PM
    • 30,871 Posts
    • 436,746 Thanks
    tweets
    Many thanks tweets. Monday went as well as these things can and glad it's over.

Hope your situation becomes a little easier.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Glad it went well Malc

is here

[QUOTE=E.ON Company Representative: Helena;75205789]
    and (((X))) for EON Malc

Hope you are looking after him Helena for you too[/QUOTE

Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is ok

I'm so glad to have Malc back, I've tried to look after him with a nice .

When we get to Friday I'll have a large gin please

Helena
    Originally posted by tweets
    No gin here yuk you will have to do with a
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Dec 18, 2:34 PM
    • 30,871 Posts
    • 436,746 Thanks
    tweets

Yep!!!!!!
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Awe gorgeous
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 19th Dec 18, 2:35 PM
    • 30,871 Posts
    • 436,746 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

Grab your and biscuits for the doggies
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 19th Dec 18, 3:03 PM
    • 1,593 Posts
    • 17,845 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good afternoon tweets and everyone else. I’ll have a coffee thank you tweets

What do you think of Ole Gunner Solskjaer tweets? I think he is an excellent appointment even if it is only temporary. He knows united inside out and what the fans want
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,824Posts Today

7,238Users online

Martin's Twitter