Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• I did everything on the list to some degree. Go me :j!

Also took 2 bags to the sally army and paid in a pot of coins to the bank. Mince pies were scrummy. Lunch at work was delish - and the catering team gave me a gf mince pie + cream + fruit salad :D!

Am pleased to have booked the hotel room at a fair price.

Sorted through the clothes again, and made a pile for a friend, a pile for a friend + family, a pile for neighbours and a pile for big sis. And there are still 3 big bags of items for the ch shop.

Tomorrow:
    -headspace
    -bunny slope #4 + shoulder ex
    -make shortbread for dd
    -make cakes for dd's sch end of term class party
    -make big lunches + snacks
    -go to dance classes (take Nellies to sew and stuff)
    -park up and get tram + train to go and see cousins (gatecrashing their annual family pre-cmas meet-up as 3 of them are vicars so tend to be rather busy!) Eat lunch on the train?
    -come home, bringing big sis(?) and picking up car en route

And breathe...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper

Tomorrow:
    -headspace :j
    -bunny slope #4 + shoulder ex :j
    -make shortbread for dd :j
    -make cakes for dd's sch end of term class party:j
    -make big lunches + snacks:j
    -go to dance classes (take Nellies to sew and stuff):j
    -park up and get tram + train to go and see cousins (gatecrashing their annual family pre-cmas meet-up as 3 of them are vicars so tend to be rather busy!) Eat lunch on the train?:j
    -come home, bringing big sis(?) and picking up car en route:j

And breathe...:j

A thoroughly enjoyable day was had.

I watched dd in her 3 dance classes and realised just how hard she works in them. No wonder she is alwasy tired out from it!

Had a lovely time with the cousins - they are such easy company, as family should be, I guess. There are 'true' cousins + then a mix of their kids, step kids, adopted kids. And they are all lovely!

We got very wet and cold while travelling, but dd still went barefoot. I got some strange/unbelieving looks as we moved around - wrapped up in her coat and hat, I guess she looks much younger than she is, so maybe people thought I was being a meanie parent... :rotfl:.

Everyone else is still sleeping so far. I find that getting up at 7 is important for me at the weekend as I can do my headspace and stretching without having to think about other people.

We may be off to church later, it depends on how dd is feeling. I've left the decision up to her, though it would be good to go and give a few bags of things to some friends (and get them out of the house!)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello apple :hello: I thought it was time I popped by!

I love that you have a category named "headspace", thats a lovely description of it. And what kind of dance does your dd do? I went to classes as a child, they were really something.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Hi Karma! Lovely of you to take a break from blingin' up your house :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: to pop over. Or,hanging up a tasteful + oh so artistic dec every now and then...

My 'headspace' is what it says -the app of that name. I get on really well with it (and am wearing my smug face for having done it every day so far in dec) and it is part of my morning routine, along with my quiet time. It certainly contributes to my overall well-being, and what I used to have under the 'life well-lived' bit of my 12 week challenges that I used to do.

Dd does tap, ballet andfreestyle. Yikes! A concentrated 30mins of each, one after another.

Now to tomorrow:
    -headspace :D
    -shoulder ex
    -school run
    -pack
    -go to bham (nb the men at the stn)
    -see mum
    -buy tea
    -check in to hotel
    -see old friend
    -read/podcast/tv
    -sleep

Optional:
    -ch shops
    -go and see childhood house
    -some other ch shops
    -swim
    -sauna
    -cut out teddies
  • Karmacat
    Thats a big day tomorrow! Hope it goes really, really well, have a lovely time.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi apple hope your trip to your mums goes well.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    I had a good journey up here, and a relaxed time with mum.

I decided to go and see the old childhood home, which involved walking an extra 3 miles or so. It was a corner plot so I approached from a particular angle designed to ensure I was not spotted by an old neighbour :rotfl:. I took a quick snap and skedaddled back the way I'd come. And I must say that I'm impressed with the changes / building/ overall look. It hadn't become a mid terrace; the developer had built a detached property next to it instead. So pleased I made the effort to go.

So, loads of walking - over 22,000 steps, and I have sore feet now. My vibrams don't give me rub-free walking over those distances.

Have checked out the fitness suite here, and will use the pool in the morning.

I want to phone home soon (E.T. anyone?) And then put on a podcast and cut out some teddy bits. Am rockin this evening-away-from-home-all-alone malarkey...
  • Karmacat
    I love going to see old family houses - I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And I *really* love evenings in a warm hotel room, it feels so luxurious :)
  • apple_muncher
    I did the podcast and cutting out of 2 teddies.

Then found last year's World's Strongest Man on the telly. Bliss!

Set my alarm for 6.30 today (a lie-in of 30mins!) And got headspace done first before hitting the pool. If I come here with dd, she'll love it down there as it's all 1m20, and sooooooo warm.

Can't go anywhere until 9am, as the home will be in the middle of breakfast so no point getting there too early. And I'm halfway there, compared with the flat's location so it's not a long walk. I'd have a coffee but it's all instant - bleurgh. I guess I could go to c0sta, but that seems a waste of money!
  • apple_muncher
    I listened to another podcast and cut out another teddy. Time well spent.

Mum was fairly mellow and chatty.

Smooth journey home. I opted for a later train as it started where I was and I had a much better chance of getting a seat on it. And I did some tacking of teddy bits en route.

Dh has put up some more lights, artistically draped in the window - well done him!

Big plans to 'get things done' tomorrow as dh is out doing the PA for a wedding for most of Sat, and I'm attending the service (dropping dd with friends as it is a 'no kids' wedding).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback