Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Buggins
    • By Buggins 25th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 317Posts
    • 226Thanks
    Buggins
    Self help thread. I am a widow coping getting on with it
    • 25th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    Self help thread. I am a widow coping getting on with it 25th Jan 18 at 8:49 PM
    Just wanted to put this thread on to replace the missing one. Worried that some people who have been following the old thread might really need it sometime and won't get the support they need/want. It has, and still does, help me.
Page 50
    • Sammie36
    • By Sammie36 9th Dec 18, 1:07 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Sammie36
    Hi everyone.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

I have an appointment with the CAB on Monday to try and deal with some of the fininancial issues. I'm dreading it.

I can't switch off. I haven't slept properly since it happened but nights like this are the worst.

I miss him so much.

Xxx
    • sheilavw
    • By sheilavw 9th Dec 18, 8:50 AM
    • 1,041 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    sheilavw
    I hope they can help you out Sammie. You dont need all the worry about finances. I am thinking of you and your lovely children. Keep us updated.
    Look after yourselves x
    • MrAPJI
    • By MrAPJI 9th Dec 18, 11:03 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    MrAPJI
    Well done for making that appointment Sammie - I know how hard that will have been. Talking about what has happened and your new situation won't be easy, but they will understand.

I found the night time really difficult too. First it was the ''falling to sleep'' that was an issue, and later I would wake up thinking that what had happened, hadn't really at all. Then the realisation that it had, would stir that pain of loss again. With time Sammie, sleep will come more easily.

Stay strong Sammie.
    • Newly retired
    • By Newly retired 9th Dec 18, 3:41 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 2,803 Thanks
    Newly retired
    Do remember to take plenty of documents with you to your appointment with CAB, so they can best help you eg
    Council tax band and bills, DWP letters about any benefits you already get, HMRC letters about Tax Credits, cost of childcare if applicable , other income, payslips, bank statements, approx value of your house and mortgage or details of rent, amount of savings, details of any debts, regular outgoings, utilities, insurances etc.
    Do be aware it is not a counselling service ( I donít mean to sound harsh, just trying to manage your expectations), but they will do a benefits check and advise you well on the financial side of things and other practicalities, I am sure. There may be grants or trust funds available too. Try not to worry.
    • BucksLady
    • By BucksLady 10th Dec 18, 5:13 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 1,558 Thanks
    BucksLady
    Sammie, hope everything went ok and things were sorted for you xx
    • wort
    • By wort 11th Dec 18, 10:18 AM
    • 917 Posts
    • 11,128 Thanks
    wort
    I hope you got some help from cab Sammie. And they put your mind at ease. X
    I'm waiting for dd2 to text to say she's ready to go to the cemetery for Johns birthday I can't believe 18 month have passed it's gone so quickly but it feels like forever since I held him in my arms ,I'd do anything to just be able to do that.. I had dgson overnight so only now had a minute, so I'm trying to keep busy. I've had a shower and I'm going to tidy.
    Hope everyone is well sending hugs x
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
    • Sammie36
    • By Sammie36 11th Dec 18, 3:57 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Sammie36
    Hi everyone.

Wort, I hope johns birthday went as well as it could have. Sending you love.
    Hope you enjoy your nieces graduation meal later.

Xxx
    • wort
    • By wort 12th Dec 18, 10:28 AM
    • 917 Posts
    • 11,128 Thanks
    wort
    Thank you Sammie xx
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
    • humptydumptybits
    • By humptydumptybits 12th Dec 18, 9:36 PM
    • 1,804 Posts
    • 5,414 Thanks
    humptydumptybits
    Hi Sammie, I hope the CAB were able to help. Money worries are the last straw when you are struggling particularly at this time of year when you have children. Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,050Posts Today

7,773Users online

Martin's Twitter