Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 10th Jan 18, 12:31 AM
    • 3,954Posts
    • 2,391Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Finally moving the SIPP
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:31 AM
    Finally moving the SIPP 10th Jan 18 at 12:31 AM
    Ok, so after a lot of research and way too much procrastinating, I have finally decided on the course of action for the OH SIPP, currently with HL and invested in OIECs.

I had tried long and hard to convince myself to transfer it to X-O (Jarvis) SIPP but, even though I have my ISA with them I couldn't quite convince myself to move it there (even though I would have saved having to pay any SIPP annual charges).

I have probably mentioned on other threads that I was looking to go down the route of non-OIEC investments.

I have opened a SIPP with AJ Bell/YouInvest. They will also reimburse any transfer costs (up to 500), which is nice and takes that as a consideration out of the equation.

As touched on above currently the money is invested in OIECs but it will be re-invested in ITs. My dilemma is trying to work out whether to sell all the OIECs and transfer as cash or transfer as OIECs and sell/re-buy in ITs as appropriate.

If I transfer as cash then I would imagine the transfer time will be significantly quicker than as OIECs; Youinvest indicate approximately 2 weeks to transfer cash. But, I would be out of the market. If I transfer as OIECs then I remain 'in the market' but this (apparently) can take up to 2 months (6 to 8 weeks).

Am hedging towards selling and transferring as cash.

Anyone else done a HL to YouInvest SIPP transfer recently, any comments on time scales etc?
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
Page 4
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 6th Dec 18, 9:12 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,391 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Yeah, I was aware of the revised pricing structure. It's good to hear that you've received confirmation giving you a timeline for the changeover. No such communication for the OH account. Hopefully not much longer Rodders....

• StellaN
    • By StellaN 7th Dec 18, 11:06 AM
    • 254 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    StellaN
    Hi

(here we go again)

I need some feedback on Fidelity charging structure, for those of you who invest using ITs/ETFs/stocks in a Fidelity SIPP (not GIA or ISA).

After my recent (October) experience when purchasing ITs and the subsequent service / management charge applied, I logged my 'frustration' of the situation. Fidelity have now come back to me with some answers to my queries, and I really need some feedback on their responses.

I believed that if you invested in ITs/ETFs/stocks in a Fidelity SIPP then the management/service charge would be 45pa. I also understand that they charge the standard 0.35% on cash held in the account (as well as OIECs), plus they paid a small amount of interest on the cash which basically negated the charges (give or take a few pennies). I am also aware that they are changing their charging structure in the near future (mentioned previously).

But, as of today I am informed that in the Fidelity SIPP all investments are charged at the 0.35% rate. And, I need some confirmation. StellaN, are you there... as I believe you are invested similarly.

They have again confirmed that when the SIPP account is upgraded then live pricing will apply....when...Obviously I have asked that question.
    Originally posted by cloud_dog
    Sorry for my late reply, I was Xmas shopping all day! As per ArchBair's 2 posts that has been exactly my experience. I have not purchased any IT's since I switched to Fidelity because my transfers were all in specie so I will wait for the new platform and live pricing before I place another buy/sell order. Let's hope the changeover to the new platform/live pricing happens quite soon because then we should all be alright.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 7th Dec 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,391 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Hi

Just to be clear regarding the platform charges, are you paying 45pa / 3.75pm?

• StellaN
    • By StellaN 7th Dec 18, 3:41 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    StellaN
    Hi

Just to be clear regarding the platform charges, are you paying 45pa / 3.75pm?
    So for the last two months I have paid the following service fees:-

1 November 2018 - 3.91

1 December 2018 - 3.77

I presume that is the 3.75 plus a bit extra for the small amount of cash in the account.

Hope that helps.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 7th Dec 18, 4:38 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,391 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    So for the last two months I have paid the following service fees:-

1 November 2018 - 3.91

1 December 2018 - 3.77

I presume that is the 3.75 plus a bit extra for the small amount of cash in the account.

Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by StellaN
    Thanks.

Unless your SIPP value happens to be 13105, in which case they are charging you 0.35%

• StellaN
    • By StellaN 7th Dec 18, 4:58 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    StellaN
    Thanks.

Unless your SIPP value happens to be 13105, in which case they are charging you 0.35%
    Indeed, but seriously my SIPP value is extremely volatile at the moment so has varied considerably in value over the past couple of months but on average is around 145K.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 7th Dec 18, 5:30 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,391 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    In which case I think I can safely assume you are, really, really being charged the pro rata rate of 45pa.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,881Posts Today

7,351Users online

Martin's Twitter