Train Delays guide discussion

Comments

• I'm in a process to make refund claim through Tesco Bank and the bank asked me to provide an invoice for purchase of an annual train pass I bought at one of Northern Rail stations. I have a copy of card payment receipt showing Northern Logo and name of the station, but Tesco bank claim department insist that I need to provide an invoice :(

Any advice How to get an invoice for purchase of an annual train pass I bought at one of Northern Rail stations?

I emailed the Northern, and spoke with ticket office at the station, but it's a dead end ...
  • liu
    liu Posts: 181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Has anyone in London experienced the problem of being held outside the station due to train delays and supposed overcrowding on the platform, when you can see the platform is empty. In an apparent attempt at stopping you touching in? Or am I paranoid?
    Nice to save.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I was travelling from Paddington yesterday evening (Oct 15th) when another train was involved in an accident and tragically the pedestrian died.

My train returned to Paddington while a Police investigation took place.

GWR staff advised some alternative travel arrangements which suited some local travellers but for those travelling further afield it was "find a bed for the night and keep all receipts and make a claim." I did and have the receipts and completed my journey this morning.

In the event I believe my original train did depart 110 mins late but I have no idea if it actually got to my destination ? How can I find out ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Robin9 wrote: »
    I was travelling from Paddington yesterday evening (Oct 15th) when another train was involved in an accident and tragically the pedestrian died.

My train returned to Paddington while a Police investigation took place.

GWR staff advised some alternative travel arrangements which suited some local travellers but for those travelling further afield it was "find a bed for the night and keep all receipts and make a claim." I did and have the receipts and completed my journey this morning.

In the event I believe my original train did depart 110 mins late but I have no idea if it actually got to my destination ? How can I find out ?

Try searching for it on http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/ :)
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    liu wrote: »
    Has anyone in London experienced the problem of being held outside the station due to train delays and supposed overcrowding on the platform, when you can see the platform is empty. In an apparent attempt at stopping you touching in? Or am I paranoid?

Yes, and they really do mean it as a safety concern, even when it doesn't seem to make sense. Not touching in straight away does not affect your ability to claim for a delay, though it might prevent automatic compensation for those lines offering it.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    Try searching for it on http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/ :)

Many thanks just what I wanted
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Apologies if anyone else has already posted this question but... my train is delayed every day somewhere between 5 and 25 minutes, meaning I am ALWAYS late. I mean, every day. I have a yearly season ticket so am not entitled to individual refunds and can only get a refund if the operator runs consistently late across the timetable - not just my individual journey which is late 100% of the time. I might not renew my season ticket as a result of these delays so do I just have to suck this up? Does anyone else have a similar story?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Check your reliability here.

https://www.ontimetrains.co.uk

Raise a complaint and ask them what compensation you are due.
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    djmcvey wrote: »
    ..I have a yearly season ticket so am not entitled to individual refunds...

Depends upon the train operator - some companies will give Delay Repay refunds from 15 minutes or even less
  • Great article, but I couldn’t find much info on missed connections. For example, I was recently on a train from London which arrived 13 mins late, this meant I missed my connection and had to wait over an hour for the next one. I arrived at my final destination 62 minutes later than i would have done had the first train been on time.

Was I delayed 13 minutes or 62 minutes? The two trains were operated by different companies; virgin and northern, respectively. Where do I stand with compensation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure