IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice - myparkingcharge.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Plantlover66
    Options
    Massive thanks Coupon-mad, I'll be sure to personalise the template you've provided and send onto BW Legal right away. I don't think I'll change much as I think you've done an amazing job at putting them in their place already!

I'm planning to post this to BW legal over the weekend special delivery so I know exactly when it's reached them and will be back to update you guys with my progress.

From past experience, is it likely that they'll respond to my letter? or do they tend to back off after realising you're not a push over and unable to manipulate you easily?

Thanks again to everyone whose taken the time to respond!!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Do NOT send it special delivery!

FIrst class with FREE proof of posting.

90% chance of another template. Replying personally costs them money> But of course a template makes them look terrible, should they try court!
  • Plantlover66
    Options
    Thanks nosferatu1001, I'll be sure to send first class signed for instead then.

I'll let you guys know how I get on :)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    halexis91 wrote: »
    Thanks nosferatu1001, I'll be sure to send first class signed for instead then.

I'll let you guys know how I get on :)
    No, no, no,no.

Not signed for in any form.

Send it first class post and get a free Certificate of Posting from the Post Office Counter.

Anything else allows the intended recipient to refuse delivery, and then all you have is proof of non-delivery. Obviously not what you want.
  • Plantlover66
    Options
    Okay I get you now. So just retain the proof of posting so if they deny receiving it in court I have proof I've attempted to get it to them?

Thank you!!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    correct

a free certificate of posting from the PO Counterstaff is all you need to prove it was posted and when
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 February 2020 at 9:38PM
    Options
    anon wrote: »
    Okay I get you now. So just retain the proof of posting so if they deny receiving it in court I have proof I've attempted to get it to them?

Thank you!!
    That's right.

Anything sent by first class post is deemed delivered two days after posting, unless anyone can prove otherwise - which they can't of course.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thirded!

On this forum we use NO form of ''signed for'' delivery because it hands the rogue PPC or roboclaim solicitor recipient an opportunity not to sign for it at all, in which case you have no proof of delivery or tracking at all.

If you post normal 1st class they cannot reject it or refuse to sign or leave it uncollected at the PO for 3 weeks, because it's deemed in the door 2 working days after posting unless they can prove otherwise. Which they can't, and you hold the proof of postage (free).

I normally staple the little receipt from the PO to a printed copy of the letter sent, so the receipt doesn't get tidied up/thrown away by mistake later, or lost in the depths of my handbag!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Plantlover66
    Plantlover66 Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi All, so just a quick update just in case anyones interested and a little advice required.

After coupon-mad supplied the above template I sent a copy to BW Legal as well as a copy to my local MP. Within a few days the house of commons replied advising that they had asked BW Legal to please cancel the parking ticket. That was around 2 weeks ago.

The only correspondence I received from BW Legal was to advise that they'd received the letter and would be looking into this with their client to see how they wish to proceed.

I got back from being abroad on Friday 4th May and came back to another letter from the house of commons. They enclosed a letter and form from BW Legal asking if I was happy for my MP to deal with this matter on my behalf. I'd planned to fill out and send copies of the form back to my MP and BW Legal today, however, before I did I just wondered if anybody else had gone down this route and managed to get the ticket cancelled?

On the form they've asked for my national insurance number (BW Legal) is it safe for me to pass these details over to them?

Thanks again!!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No idea why on earth BW Legal think they have grounds to have your NI number, I would leave it blank. But I would confirm that you are a British citizen and a constituent of the named MP and yes you agree for that MP to handle a complaint on your behalf.

Yes we have seen PCNs cancelled when a decent MP steps in to add weight.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback