Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    I have missed the discussion on what is working and what is not working, so bought 6 WB reds yesterday. They compared against M £38.88 v £30. :j

Hoping to go back for some more pretty prosecco tonight.
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all

finally-friday_1057-1721.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning. Updated wine list below. Getting confusing nor re the WB's - ? red back on, white now off?? Adjusted list to latest posts, hope it is correct.

wine asda Other suppermarket £ Each after apg Supermarket APG for 3

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough £9.48 £7.00 £3.14 Morrisons £9.54

Freixenet Prosecco (750ml) £11.98 £9.00 £4.11 Waitrose /Morrison £11.64

Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet (75cl) £6.48 £5.00 £2.34 Morrisons (2 for £10 deal) £5.94

Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Semillon (75cl) £6.48 £7.00 £4.14 Morrisons (2 for £10 deal) £0.54

Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) £6.48 £5.00 £2.34 Morrisons (2 for £10 deal) £5.94

Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough £8.98 £8.00 £4.21 sainsburys £5.34

Monopole blue top champagne £27.00 £20.00 £9.00 sainsburys £27.00

Martini Asti Spumante £8.98 £6.00 £2.41 morrisons £10.74

Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne £35.00 £27.00 £12.63 waitrose £32.10

Take care with the WB's as not sure what will work.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

In Sainsburys they had packs of their own brand nappies for 50p. They also had pampers size 1 and 2 for the same price but an empty shelf (MG's daughter is pregnant so I picked up a few packs for her)

Worth keeping an eye out. They also had Bepanthen cream for 50p but that was empty as well
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Much, much, much more importantly, they had P20 for £12.50 a 200ml bottle. Cheapest I have found anywhere for a while. Hopefully the price will come down to a much more reasonable one :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    Quick Hi and Bye this morning!! I have everything up in the air at the mo. I decided to go and get my CV sorted as need to try get a job, that was weds, I heard about a job after speaking to a manager in superdrug same afternoon, applied online with my fancy new shiny cv which took me 3 hours to sort, got a phone call yesterday morning at 9:05 for an interview and I start today :D Shame its only 16 hours but its a foot in the door and having been unemployed for quite a while its a start x
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:56AM
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Can't figure out what cashback quidco are offering on BT, at the top of the page lots of deals all listed separately all saying £180, further down only 180 for full package inc mobile, less for other packages. Are the ones at the top a special offer or is it the ones at the bottom that are the truth?

I think it is the ones at the bottom - their information is sometimes misleading as the devil is in the detail! If it helps, I went through TCB and 52mb Fibre, no tv tracked at £80 (at the time) then highest Cashback guarantee to match Q where it was £90. At the moment TCB is showing £170 as the top rate but and phone only at £95 on Q, so would get that plus the bonus if getting through TCB with highest cashback guarantee.

An option for someone considering actually switching is T4lkTalk - £22.50 for unlimited Faster Fibre and phone, plus £90 Q, so average £17.50 per month on an 18 month contract.

I am still hopeful of my VM callback as one week to go (this is stressful :eek:) - I noticed a missed call on my landline from one of their numbers this week, so have called retentions again and asked that the team calls me back on my mobile as I am at work and miss their calls. The CS was very helpful and filled out a form, so there must be a process to do that somewhere on their system (whether they call and offer anything is now the test!).

HTH

Anon
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    Quick Hi and Bye this morning!! I have everything up in the air at the mo. I decided to go and get my CV sorted as need to try get a job, that was weds, I heard about a job after speaking to a manager in superdrug same afternoon, applied online with my fancy new shiny cv which took me 3 hours to sort, got a phone call yesterday morning at 9:05 for an interview and I start today :D Shame its only 16 hours but its a foot in the door and having been unemployed for quite a while its a start x

Well done!

And we now have an insider for Elite who can spot bargains :D.

Anyone fancy a job at T, A ...

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    house_elf wrote: »
    I have missed the discussion on what is working and what is not working, so bought 6 WB reds yesterday. They compared against M £38.88 v £30. :j

Hoping to go back for some more pretty prosecco tonight.

Great news on the red:T:T:T

And Jacobs flatbreads are still on COS for me:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts