I might have won... but

I just got an email from Diane Lynham at Smooth telling me I had won flights to Singapore and Manchester Airport would be in touch.

Email looks pretty genuine.

The only thing is, I have been an active comper for about a year, and certainly don't remember an off the cuff entry at any point recently (it's possible I guess)

There is a comp in Game Over for this prize, but I haven't ticked it (though it was around the time I was last active). Also a year seems a very long time to get around to awarding a prize!

Guess I'll get in touch with Diane for further info *fingers crossed*
Total Value of wins in 2009: £900 appox. 2010: £730
Wins 2011: Carlisle Utd Tickets (twice!), Baby Food Hamper, Straighteners, Chugginton Toy

Comments

• toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    There was a recent comp as I saw it mentioned on twitter, recent as in last few weeks.
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • bell
    bell Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Did a Twitter search but couldn't find anything.
    Wins 2011: Carlisle Utd Tickets (twice!), Baby Food Hamper, Straighteners, Chugginton Toy
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,160 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Fingers crossed for you that they're just reeeeeeeeaaaaaaally slow?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • bell
    Weird one. I've emailed to ask when/where this comp is from anyway.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I just did a quick search and couldn't find but often they delete comps after they are over to stop entries still pouring in.

well done x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Is it possible you won this comp?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5532359&highlight=singapore+smooth

It only ended 9 days ago. I know it's a trip to Houston, but the flights are with Singapore Airlines from Manchester Airport. Perhaps just a bit of a mix up with the wording in the winning email or crossed wires between Diane and a colleague?
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,160 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Is it possible you won this comp?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5532359&highlight=singapore+smooth

It only ended 9 days ago. I know it's a trip to Houston, but the flights are with Singapore Airlines from Manchester Airport. Perhaps just a bit of a mix up with the wording in the winning email or crossed wires between Diane and a colleague?

I really hope you're right!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is it possible you won this comp?

Wow :j Well done!
    :T And a huge "Hurrah!" to those who played detective :A
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • bell
    I define didn't enter that one. As I said it's almost a year since I've actively comped on here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure