Pip, esa and severe disability premium

Hiya, I have been claiming esa support group for 4 years, I first applied for pip in April 2017 I was only given 2 points at the assessment and had to go to a tribunal which I won and was awarded standard daily living and standard mobility backdated to April 2017. I have read online I may be entitled to severe disability premium. I live alone with my 4yo son and don't have a carer. Does anyone know if this is right and if so will it be backdated to my origional application date for pip?.

Hope this makes sense

TIA

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,841
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 8 June 2018 at 4:17AM
    Jades wrote: »
    Hiya, I have been claiming esa support group for 4 years, I first applied for pip in April 2017 I was only given 2 points at the assessment and had to go to a tribunal which I won and was awarded standard daily living and standard mobility backdated to April 2017. I have read online I may be entitled to severe disability premium. I live alone with my 4yo son and don't have a carer. Does anyone know if this is right and if so will it be backdated to my origional application date for pip?.

Hope this makes sense

TIA
    Going by what you stated above, yes you'll qualify. SDP isn't automatically paid, so you'll need to ring ESA and either ask to apply for this over the phone, or ask them to send you out the IS10 form. It's a very simple form, so don't panic. It will be backdated to when you became eligible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure