Cahoot – zero interest agreement – account showing in default and amount payable incorrect.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced or is having difficulties on their credit report with Cahoot.

I recently went to look at my credit report after being in denial about the whole thing, but have now decided to try and put things right and was pleased to see 5 of the accounts default are now over 6 months and are showing as zero even though in bright red.

Credit score note great 598, but have manage to take out a repair card through Marble which has been paid off each month.

What concerns me more is the cahoot one, when it was agreed with by the local CAB that this and the other creditors would all charge Zero interest, so effectively all payments are coming off the outstanding balance.

My concerns Cahoot though even though the payments agreed are made before the due date is.
1. Showing randomly 0,1,2,3,4 in the payment schedule over the last 72 months
2. There is a monthly difference between the amount owed and the theoretical amount (debt minus payment), this varies each month between £600 and £200 with no correlation.
3. The payment is made on time and the interest is credit off sometimes weeks after causing the account to show as a late payment.

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences and if you have any advice how to correct this or if they are right.

When I tried to complain I was just passed around.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your credit files aren't an accurate guide to your balance. Use your statements for that.

I would expect the payments to show as either late or as an arrangement. Gas the account yet been defaulted?
  • Tedshred
    Tedshred Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    no it has not been default, this is one argument as it should have been, and this 6yr would be up this month.

I have asked them the question
  • Tedshred
    Just an update on this.

Credit where Credit is due to Santander, they have listened to what I said, backed up with evidence I sent in, have now corrected my credit score and going forward working together so this does not happen again. Did not need to get the FOS envolved

Big upshot for me is that the Experian shows NO missed payments since 2012 and the last 2 defaults drop off on 25.8

Hopefully with this behind me. Onwards and upwards
  • Though your score is completely irrelevant to what they!!!8217;ve done.

They!!!8217;ve fixed the data on your files. Which is the important part lenders actually see and use.
  • Tedshred
    Just thought I would update on this. Managed to maintain the payments over the last few years. Now in a position to pay off. Cant wait to get rid off this one 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback