I can't see ESA assessment ending well for me...

2»

Comments

• My 1st ESA went through with no face to face then five years later (this year) on renewal I had a f2f it was not as bad as I expected and 2 weeks later I was back in the support group with no future ESA50's.
    Trust me OP it will not be as bad as you think. Nothing in this world is worth taking your own life for, it sounds like you have people around you who love you so don't put them through what would follow.
    Good luck x
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I think you're looking into this far too much. I know it's extremely difficult but please try to relax and most of all try not to worry anymore than you already are.

Start to gather some evidence, while you wait for the assessment. I'm glad you have your family to support you through it.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 June 2018 at 9:36PM
    Just to echo poppy & venison. I really don't think you need to get too stressed.

Tell the assessor what you've told us at post 9.

Do a timeline note about your "many mental health assessments in the past 2 years and hospitalisation in the past 2 years.". Tell them your are seeing your GP monthly and are "currently awaiting to be referred to the mental health unit again."

If you think you may struggle to tell this to the assessor, then make the notes and timeline in a form you could give to the assessor. In fact, I would tend to do this anyway, so the assessor has a written record.

The assessor will not set out to take your ESA SG award away from you. Because of your form, they will already know of your poor mental health. Just tell them how your life is - try to answer the questions as fully as you can.

As you are seeing your GP on the day before, might s/he be able to write a brief note for you (see post 3)

Best wishes.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • And please remember OP that you can come back here anytime for further help/advice, we are here to help.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I would tell your mental health care team you are feeling ill again and i am sure someone there can help you with the ESA forms.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 June 2018 at 6:03PM
    Tallaght wrote: »
    I would tell your mental health care team you are feeling ill again and i am sure someone there can help you with the ESA forms.

If you had read the first post carefully, you will spot that the OP has completed the ESA50 forms " I've only just filled in the form and sent it".
    As a general rule, it is best to get help from an advice agency / CAB with such forms. The mental health care team may be able to provide helpful evidence.

Your post about medication is entirely inappropriate and completely misplaced. As poppy says "This is a benefits advice forum and any medical advice should only come from a GP / MHT".
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure