First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone completed the tests yet?

Think I failed.. Am confused though. :cool:
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2014 at 2:39PM
    Options
    I completed it, but I rushed most of the queries as I began to rapidly get fed up with the way things were rated (and the fact that it was out of market and out-dated didn't help). Coming from an intensive background with Appen and their strict qualification tests, this just felt 'slapped together'. It's literally pot luck at this point. I guess we don't get a second chance as I don't see any mention of that?
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2014 at 3:24PM
    Options
    Maktina wrote: »
    I completed it, but I rushed most of the queries as I began to rapidly get fed up with the way things were rated (and the fact that it was out of market and out-dated didn't help). Coming from an intensive background with Appen and their strict qualification tests, this just felt 'slapped together'. It's literally pot luck at this point. I guess we don't get a second chance as I don't see any mention of that?

Did you notice that if you got a question wrong, sometimes they still classed it as correct due to being "close enough"? I was keeping score throughout, but didn't become aware of that till right at the end of test 2. Therefore, I know I definitely passed test 3, but am not 100% sure about the other two. (Although pretty sure I DID fail both. :()

And no, not sure about the second chance. Feel we should considering the amount of time we've invested, though. Plus, you usually do in tests for similar jobs (Appen WSE, LB IA etc).
  • MallRat
    Options
    Well, weirdly it appears that I DID pass. Seems I was right about failing to spot the "close enoughs" early on!

Now signing forms. :D

Good luck to everyone else. Don't really want to be doing this thing alone, for a start! :p
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    **Bex** wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can do the internet search evaluator and transcription jobs at the same time with iSoftStone? I am kind of tempted to apply for both, but I don't want to ruin my chances of getting either!

Hi Bex, do you work for Appen too? I transcribe for Appen but I don't do WSE. I have never heard about a conflict with transcription and I don't recall signing a contract with Appen to say that I wouldn't work for anyone else. That wouldn't be something I would be inclined to sign as there is no way you could survive on such sporadic work!

Anyway I have submitted my details for iSoftStone transcription to see what happens. They didn't want anything more than basic details at the moment thank goodness...I have about 7-8 weeks transcription work for Appen on the go at the moment :)
  • FerrisBueller
    Options
    I've just completed the training set, how long does it take to find out whether I passed or failed?
  • MallRat
    Options
    I've just completed the training set, how long does it take to find out whether I passed or failed?

If you log back in to UHRS and click "My Report" you'll see how many you got right, so you can work it out yourself. Not too sure when you can expect to get an official email though considering it's now Friday.
  • FerrisBueller
    FerrisBueller Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2014 at 10:19PM
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    If you log back in to UHRS and click "My Report" you'll see how many you got right, so you can work it out yourself. Not too sure when you can expect to get an official email though considering it's now Friday.
    Going by those stats missed the requirement by 0.1%.. :undecided

So if I got just one more of them right I'd have passed... wow that's annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that the very first one I did didn't show properly so I rated it as a technical difficulty and got one wrong mark for it, so because of that one I failed :(
  • MallRat
    Options
    Going by those stats missed the requirement by 0.1%.. :undecided

So if I got just one more of them right I'd have passed... wow that's annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that the very first one I did didn't show properly so I rated it as a technical difficulty and got one wrong mark for it, so because of that one I failed :(

Oh, that's disappointing. Especially considering how long it takes to do. :(

I'd assume they'll give people another chance on both the training set and final tests though, having gone through 4 or 5 qualification processes for similar jobs before. At least you should be in a pretty good position to pass that, if so.
  • FerrisBueller
    FerrisBueller Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2014 at 1:23AM
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Oh, that's disappointing. Especially considering how long it takes to do. :(

I'd assume they'll give people another chance on both the training set and final tests though, having gone through 4 or 5 qualification processes for similar jobs before. At least you should be in a pretty good position to pass that, if so.

Yeah it wouldn't be so annoying if each stage had been a bit quicker. Plus coming so close adds to the annoyance :p

Hopefully there will be another chance, but knowing my luck there wont. Will just have to wait and see though :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback