MS Money.....

Comments

• There is also Accountz:

https://www.accountz.com/products/home-accountz

I used it until the banking crash of 2008, after which I decided that there was no point keeping track of my finances anymore as the bankers/politicians will just f- it up. :wall:

Also, when Microsoft and Quicken withdrew from the market they put the price up from £10 to £40. That's was it. I'm done.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tronator wrote: »

I downloaded that today but it doesn't have a reconcile function. Or perhaps I didn't find it?
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I downloaded that today but it doesn't have a reconcile function. Or perhaps I didn't find it?

If you mean by that marking a transaction as reconciled, there is. Press "R" or right click and chose "Mark As Reconciled"
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I still use Microsoft Money - runs fine, and I haven't found anything to match it.
  • theonlywayisup
    TonyMMM wrote: »
    I still use Microsoft Money - runs fine, and I haven't found anything to match it.

Yes I still use it. However it's the ONLY reason I use windows (via parallels) on my Mac and I don't want to use parallels/windows any more.
  • theonlywayisup
    If you mean by that marking a transaction as reconciled, there is. Press "R" or right click and chose "Mark As Reconciled"

I want a reconcile function like MS Money has. The only way I can see is to use the "mark as reconciled" rather than the software actually reconciling function i.e. it's a manual function and not one the software actually can do.
  • tronator
    I want a reconcile function like MS Money has. The only way I can see is to use the "mark as reconciled" rather than the software actually reconciling function i.e. it's a manual function and not one the software actually can do.

If you could tell us what the "reconcile function like MS Money has" is...

You say that you don't want to connect online, so how would MS Money know what to reconcile?

Watching this video I can't see what MS Money does differently. It's a manual process there too.
  • theonlywayisup
    edited 16 April 2018 at 9:12PM
    If you could tell us what the "reconcile function like MS Money has" is...

You say that you don't want to connect online, so how would MS Money know what to reconcile?

Watching this video I can't see what MS Money does differently. It's a manual process there too.

The reconcile feature in Money means you have your actual bank statement and enter the final balance into Money. You then 'reconcile' each transaction as it appears on the statement. Money automatically adjusts for the reconcile.

The reconcile function MMEX is not the same. The reconcile function is completely manual, as in, it doesn't add/subtract the reconcile in the same way.

Edit - I watched the video but it wasn't Money and it wasn't how it reconciles.
  • tronator
    edited 16 April 2018 at 9:27PM
    The reconcile function MMEX is not the same. The reconcile function is completely manual, as in, it doesn't add/subtract the reconcile in the same way.

Not?
    16ii5vs.jpg

If you try to find a program, which does everything exactly as MS Money, then you will search forever. You should learn to adapt to different programs.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I use Microsoft Money on Windows 10, there is nothing I've found that bettered it.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure