Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Comments

• Crikey - been checking out that Wayne Goss Youtube page more. Errm...ah right...he is the one applying make-up to himself (not quite what I expected:rotfl:).

Anyways - he has done LOADS hasnt he!!! Quick check and it goes back 9 years. Lots of them are for specific products and/or for face make-up (which I don't do anyway).

So I've just listed out the ones to do with eyes - and it came to 54 (as at today's date:rotfl:).

Looks like I'd better "programme in" watching, say, 2 or 3 a day then to learn what he has to say....
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hello lovely ladies

SUgarbaby....so sorry to hear you aren’t feeling too good and what a pain you are having with ESA.....hope things Improve soon for you. As for your doctor....... could you get a second opinion. He sounds very dismissive and not very proactive.

Unfortunately I have not been that great this week either, a bit of a fibro flare up, frozen shoulder, my knee has been very sore too. So with a combination of a massage, some walking, some stretches, paracetamol, tiger balm and industrial strength voltarol I have just about been able to keep going.

I probably need another steroid injection in my knee soon but I want to hold out for a bit longer. They say no more than 4 a year but I would prefer to keep it down to 3 this year in order to maintain their effectiveness. The longer I can postpone knee surgery the better.

At least we’ve had a couple of days of sunshine, although still a tad chilly so not able to sit out. I really could do with the suns healing warmth. I am so ready for summer. :rotfl:

I can tell I am below par again, that my thyroid and adrenals are not happy, nails are very brittle, and my masseur remarked that my skin is very dry. So I absolutely must get back to some serious pampering. I have started giving my nails some extra TLC and I really must get back to slathering my skin a bit more, it gets quite itchy sometimes. And Drink More Water!!!

Like you SUgarbaby I have had to rest frequently because I have not been sleeping well this week so I haven’t been out and about much. I have been steadily decluttering so at least I feel I have been doing something constructive.

A gentle but hopefully productive weekend is planned. I am going to go through all the chest of drawers in the bedrooms and maybe the study if I have time. Then hopefully the cinema tomorrow to see Peter Rabbit.

Miss Tara......try not to get disheartened......just keep going. Chanie is right, we just have to be consistent and keep going, the results will come in the end. My weight loss has stalled again too. It happens.

No one said this would be easy. If it was then the world would be full of beautiful, attractive, bright, shiny, happy people (ooh there’s a song in there). :rotfl:

Always remember we didn’t turn into frumps overnight. Frumpdom creeps up on us, it’s like a silent stalker we don’t notice until we suddenly wake up one day and ask ourselves who is that miserable looking old hag in the mirror......that can’t be me :rotfl:

Just keep fighting back and you will reclaim your inner goddess. :D

I am certainly not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I want my energy back, I want my health and vitality back and I want to look and feel the best I can be.

I want to be that chic, elegant woman who turns heads and who radiates joy and happiness.

Radiance was my word for this year. Ok I don’t feel very radiant at the moment but by golly I will, I will.

Just stick to the plan and keep your goals in sight.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,496
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Haven't been feeling too fab as the cat died a few days ago after surgery. So we have a great big bill & no cat, you don't mind so much if the cat survives but it wasn't to be this time. :(

Also DH ,managed to leave a pen in his shirt pocket & it went into the washing machine & burst everywhere. Of course it was a whites wash wasn't it. :eek: Don't think it's going to come out, back in the machine for the third time. :(

Hope everyone is feeling better than this household at the moment! :o
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Crikey - been checking out that Wayne Goss Youtube page more. Errm...ah right...he is the one applying make-up to himself (not quite what I expected:rotfl:).

Anyways - he has done LOADS hasnt he!!! Quick check and it goes back 9 years. Lots of them are for specific products and/or for face make-up (which I don't do anyway).

So I've just listed out the ones to do with eyes - and it came to 54 (as at today's date:rotfl:).

Looks like I'd better "programme in" watching, say, 2 or 3 a day then to learn what he has to say....

54 videos, that should pass a few wet days LOL.

I am not flogging anything, just a happy customer, but the Look Fabulous Forever site I mentioned a while back has just a few comprehensive ones, the eye ones are very basic then can be played with and built up depending on the amount of vamp required:rotfl: (I know that you don't need the face ones, but the owner of the business has Acne Rosacea and shows how she covers it, not a heavy look and you just cannot tell when she has finished, gives a lot of hope for those with scars or problems to hide.

Have fun with your new products.:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Sashy......so sorry about your poor kitty. Had to laugh about pengate. These things happen, a nuisance of course but at least it was your husband, not you. :rotfl:

Matt Goss is good, he knows his stuff. I have also looked at the Look Fabulous Forever and I rate her too. I did make up as part of my original course but that was back in the day. Whilst the principles remain the same there are so many new products and techniques out there, it can be quite baffling and we can waste a lot of money trying out products. I love watching the on line tutorials, you can pick up some very good tips.

The current course I am doing gives me access to a range of other courses. I have already bookmarked Hopi candles and I was thinking about doing another make up course as a refresher.

Don’t forget that make up counters will often give you a free makeover. A few months ago i went into the body shop and ended up having tuition into how to apply eyebrow powders, something I Had never tried. I have the typical eye brow loss associated with thyroid issues. It was really helpful. Tackling sparse eyebrows is quite difficult. You can end up looking very silly if you get them wrong. There are some very scary eyebrows out there.....:rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello Ladies,

LL you misunderstood. My surgery has very good Doctors. :D I was referring to the retired Doctor who examined me for my ESA Health Assessment and what he wrote on his report.

Sashy sorry to hear that your cat did not survive. :( With regards to the ink all over your white wash you could try that colour run product. If you do the washes on a high temperature the ink will 'set'. It is best to do 20 degree washes to get rid of the ink.

It is enough that I have to cope with my health issues. I certainly do not need to be jumping through hoops for £73.10 a week ESA.:(

My elder daughter is now battling to get her Personal Independence Payment (PIP) reinstated. When I spoke to her on Thursday evening, I discovered that her PIP has been stopped. :eek: It is not as if she has miraculously regained the use of her legs or recovered from all her other health issues. She did her Mandatory Reconsideration and was informed in writing that the decision stands, so now she has to do her Appeal.

This current Government has a lot to answer for. Their current policies on Benefits for those of us that have ongoing health issues, just continues to make life difficult for those of us who are struggling to get by on Benefits. :eek: Living on Benefits is living at subsistence level and ESA was designed for those who are experiencing health issues that have a negative impact on their ability to work. This benefit is supposed to support an ill claimant until they are well enough to do some type of work even if they can only return to a totally different type of employment, so it is only awarded for a set short term period. Yet the retired Doctors who work for DWP have been instructed to score claimants that are ill and/or disabled with zero points to prevent them receiving Benefits designed to support these very claimants. :p :mad:

My Council has now suspended my Housing Benefit and my Council Tax Support because I am not receiving ESA and they have decided to doubt my much reduced income. :mad: This makes an impossible financial situation even more horrendously stressful. :mad: All this in spite of the fact that I wrote to them on the 23rd March informing them of the changes in my income and the reasons why my income was drastically reduced with supporting evidence. I will just continue to pay the £16 rent and the £15 council tax each week that I am liable for. I have enough credit on my rent account for 1 month, so if these issues are not resolved a month from now, then I will start to have rent arrears!! :(

The sun was shining here in London yesterday and the weather is forecast to be sunny in London again today :D Even when life is wearing you down, there is always a reason to feel thankful :D
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    edited 7 April 2018 at 11:04AM
    Oh SUgarbaby. How awful. Things are just going from bad to worse. But I am afraid that is exactly what happened with my husband and I. I was practically tearing my hair out......at one point we had zero income.....and I mean zero. No wonder I racked up £30k debt, I was even paying the mortgage using my credit card.

All I can say is keep fighting. (I know you will). It took me 18 months to get his DLA. I took it to tribunal in the end. Same with help, with carers, with equipment, with his nursing fees, with my mums nursing fees. All in all I battled for over 10 years. Do not get me started on Adult Social Services - they are not fit for purpose.

And to be honest, without wishing to sound contentious, it is notjust this governent. My trials and tribulations were under a labour government and then a coalition government. As far as I am concerned they are all a downright waste of space. I do not trust any of them.

My darling Aunty S was so right - never put your trust in the State.

Sorry I misunderstood about your doctor report. However, a thought has occurred to me. If it was the ESA appointed doctor who suggested this, maybe it was his way of trying to advise you how to play them at their own game but without actually putting it into words if you catch my drift. I would take it as a strong hint for you as to how best to play your next move.They are not allowed to come right out and help you but the nice ones will try and guide you. Maybe that is what he was doing.

I would used that report as leverage. You have a battle on your hands, that report is part of your arsenal. Ask for a face to face appointment, or better still a tribunal and rock up in a wheelchair. If they question you why you suddenly need a wheelchair, then you can refer them to the doctors report. And take someone with you. If you feel threatened or bamboozled by them, let your chaperone do the talking. A friend of mine did this and she said it really helped.

Sometimes it pays to act daft, pretend you are confused and vulnerable. Sometimes being fully compus mentis and obviously intelligent works against us in these situations. You literally have to throw yourself on the mercy of the court. I had to practically beg the judges at my husband!!!8217;s tribunal. I think some of them enjoy the power the position gives them.

At the tribunal I deliberately refused to talk for my husband for a good 10 minutes. They had to see just how badly his illness affected him, not just his mobility but also his communication difficulties.

They were shocked at the state he was in and it was humiliating for him but I had to do that (I explained to him beforehand what my battle plan was so he was prepared and did not get upset). In the end I asked them if they would like me to interpret for him. They were squirming with embarrassment and were so relieved when I finally intervened. Oh I made them suffer......

The way the system works is that they do not take medical reports from your doctor or even your consultant under due consideration. The only thing they appear to be interested in is the impact your condition has on your daily life and your ability to function.

You have to demonstrate this......(hence the lengthy questionnaires). It is so easy to dismiss a questionnaire but if you can get in Front of them they will be able to see with their own eyes and hear directly from you exactly how your life is impacted by your illness.

Of course the stress of all this will be making matters worse for your physical health as well as your mental wellbeing. It really is a vicious circle. I hope you can break the impasse soon.

Re the wheelchair. You can buy a simple wheelchair cheap enough, you might even get lucky on your local gumtree or Facebook websites. You might even be able to borrow one just for the day.

I hope you get better news soon.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,492
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The sun was shining here in London yesterday and the weather is forecast to be sunny in London again today :D Even when life is wearing you down, there is always a reason to feel thankful :D

Oh sugarbaby you are such an optimist, like a breath of fresh air yourself!:A:T

That's' a dreadful tale about the workings of the benefit system. I really don't know how a doctor could work within that system and maintain integrity.
    Re the wheelchair. You can buy a simple wheelchair cheap enough, you might even get lucky on your local gumtree or Facebook websites. You might even be able to borrow one just for the day.

I hope you get better news soon.

You might be able to borrow one from Shopmobility if there's one near the office you need to go to. We used to do that when we were out for the day with DH's elderly uncle.

Thanks for the heads up on the make up videos. I often look at people with superbly made up eyes or lipstick that stays put and wonder how they do it!:D

So sorry to hear about your cat sashy.:(

For once I was behaving myself when I read your post LL. Usually I read the word 'posture' then immediately have to sit up straight. Today I had a large glass of water in my hand!!:D I'm feeling a bit dehydrated today but that's self inflicted.:o

I had time for a proper pamper session yesterday. Since I got back from Brighton I've only had time for a quick 'wash & go'. I'm conscious that I need to keep moisturising my arms and legs as when the sun comes out I want them to look good.:D

We have Ikea wardrobes in the guest room chanie. You've got proper drawers but we just have shelves with these storage boxes.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/clothes-organisers/skubb-storage-case-white-art-30290362/

I have some with lids (I keep a set of bedding and towels in there for unexpected guests) and then others (including deeper ones) without a lid for my sunshine clothes, heavy cold weather jumpers etc. So much easier than stacking things on shelves.

It's bright here at the moment.:)
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sashy sorry for the loss of your fur baby
    LL can I ask is your massages to help with the pain of fibro or for is it for other issues? I ask as my friend has fibro and lupus and is in constant pain and I wondered if massage would help
    TIA xx
    Sugarbabe I hope your issues get resolved very soon I don't know how you manage to keep so upbeat well done you
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    LL thank you for all of your really invaluable advice. You and your husband were put through the wringer for years and it was all so unnecessary. Thank goodness that you were so strong in fighting for your husband's benefit rights. :D

Yes even under a Labour Government it could be difficult to claim Disability Living Allowance and Incapacity Benefit but for the vast majority there were almost no issues and these benefits were awarded to claimants for years and they increased each year in line with inflation. :T They were then left in peace to get on with their lives. :)

Under this Conservative Government, Austerity only seems to mean penalising Benefit claimants that are entitled to the Benefits they are claiming. :eek: How they can justify targeting disabled people I do not know? All their measures mean that all Benefit claimants are now financially worse off with PIP, ESA and Universal Credit. :mad:

My elder daughter's Health Assessments are done in her home for her PIP claim. The Assessor failed to keep her appointment so they stopped my daughter's PIP. :mad: She was not at fault. :(When she asked for her Mandatory Reconsideration they upheld their decision to stop her PIP. :( She has joined a support group of disabled claimants who have all had their PIP stopped. This is affecting thousands of disabled people who are entitled to the PIP and ESA they are claiming. This is a scandal that receives little publicity or awareness. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure