We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    So far, the kitchen company we're using has beaten the major on-line retailer AO on every item. :cool:

AO will price match, but I'd rather support local biz.

Just windy here now, so managed an hour with the brushcutter.
    :)

hope there was no-one "down wind of you ...;)
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We are on a major decluttering mission today. A relative passed away a few months ago and we were given car loads of things others thought we might find useful and although it was very thoughtful we are now bursting at the seams with a combination of our items and theirs so we are being brutal and having a massive clear out.

I am not one for visual clutter so our home looks reasonably clear however we have many deep cupboards and plenty of storage solutions which are all packed with stuff and my DD has a floor that she likes to keep warm ;)

So far I have cleared Rumlets room, the kitchen and bathroom too and we are facing my DDs room and the living room together. The walk in cupboard in my room is one to leave for another day :eek:

There is however very little worth selling so the dump and local charity shop will be very busy.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    hope there was no-one "down wind of you ...;)

Only Mr Dog, and he wouldn't know, due to my comfrey water bin 30' beyond his boundary. :D Gosh, I was down there the other day and it didn't half honk! :rotfl:

But he's been behaving himself of late, or rather staying at home a lot, so there's really nothing to complain about. In fact, if he carries on like this, I will dismantle the bin and plant sweet smelling shrubs instead. :A
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    must be "in the air"...:D

everyone is decorating, building or clearing with a vengeance these last few days....

today I have cleared and sorted the middle bedroom [which is actually 2 back to back box bedrooms which is now one, with a door each end , when the 2 cottages was made one] .......

AND ive boxed up a lot of dollshouse stuff from sun room AND I can see the floor :j need to work out where to put the bed and furniture for mum, where she will be restfull... meaning not assaulted by cat and dogs :rotfl:

its been a funny day weather wise.. hit 19d at its height then bottomed out in between.. blue sky one side and dark the other ? but it hasn't rained ...yet !
  • Rummer
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    must be "in the air"...:D

everyone is decorating, building or clearing with a vengeance these last few days....

It's the torrential rain :( that is our motivation. Whenever I spend too much time in the house I get the overwhelming urge to declutter and clean and with all this dreadful rain I am determined to put my time indoors to good use.

Just sent OH off with a car full of things half for the dump and half for the charity collection bins. There is also a heap of bags filled to the brim waiting to go to the charity shop tomorrow.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Right Rummer - want to come here & start on mine - it's a mine field.

I'm drowning in stuff. Up to the elbows in the caravan in rubbish. It's like on the telly where they send the OCD folks into swill out the filthy folks houses - only in miniature - a caravan, but the shed is packed too & the wee caravan & the upstairs of the house.
    It's an illness.
  • Rummer
    choille wrote: »

I'm drowning in stuff. Up to the elbows in the caravan in rubbish. It's like on the telly where they send the OCD folks into swill out the filthy folks houses - only in miniature - a caravan, but the shed is packed too & the wee caravan & the upstairs of the house.
    It's an illness.

Oh I am not a naturally tidy person :rotfl: this is all because I am beyond fed up of being indoors! I even washed down the woodwork in the living room :eek:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    choille wrote: »

It's an illness.

at my last houses my downfall was lots of outbuildings... I filled them :o [and the houses]
    when I moved here,knowing less storage, I was actually ashamed of myself when the men came to help sort/take away what I couldn't take. I too was like on the telly !
    I have now self taught myself to clear out each room and NOT shove it in another room.. bluddy difficult but I try not to linger or I change my mind over items.
    I decided only so much can be sold,well by me anyway, so charity shop or tip...
    I do love it when a room looks smarter and that compensates for my losses...:D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I have the barn of doom. And the house of over crowding. And its all justified by the fact we will be extending one day and then we'll be glad of it. ( I'm sure it will all be ruined by then, I'm sure my bed in a cupboard has had it as its thing flat on the floor in part of the barn that leaks its a heap of other stuff on it, Grrrr. :(

This living in the future is a pita. I was happily looking for fabric for the bed tonight ( its a half tester, it has old curtains but I'm not keen and think I can use them as a pattern easily) when I remembered eventually ( some years hence) this bed will probably go in a guest room. So if I choose the kind of bright silk I was looking at for our room, it won't go in the rooms I am picturing as yellow and maybe something fresh and coral, and certainly not in the room I think it might go in which has somewhat sombre curtains in it now, of red and blue ( in fact, not that keen on those curtains, but by heck are they warm and super quality)

So do I do what I want and redo them in the future ( money wasting) or do something neutral ( not very rates household) that will go in any room in the future just ' not on the way I would really probably want to do it' but in a way most people will probably sleep better.:o:whistle::think:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Lir.... I have some lovely side curtains from you know who that are a beautifull old yellow/gold. Diamond thread pattern same colour..With a thick fringe edging. There is actually 2 roman blinds that match.... big ones.... any good
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback