We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    A scorching 12c here....:(
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Capture_zps9aule7l2.jpg

No wonder July has been so miserable here, most days the temps have been well below average with a noticeably cool forecast to end July.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've seen that paper LIR - I had a sample & was going to use it one one wall in the bedroom, but OH said it looked cold -which it doesn't.

Quite a nice day here but clouding up.

Must get cracking & photograph some bits & bobs for selling.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all
    Well it hammered down last night, still raining now... And it was cold last night too...but then what do we expect the kids are on 6 weeks holidays lol, prob the weather will be nice a day or two before/or when they go back to school...

IHS.. As you showed a pick of a fern your bought, I went to wyevale garden centre to have a look, flipping heck they wanted £9.99 for one. I also looked at the prices of other plants that I wouldn't normally look at. I just can't get over the prices. No wonder I am pleased with the prices I get at the farm auction for some of my plants..( just to say not all my plants bring good money, so it is hit and miss on the day, not to give people the wrong idea lol)
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What a washout of a day!!!!!
    Work to live= not live to work
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Rain has started with me now, hopefully the rain canopy will help protect some of the plants.

Got quite a lot done as Saturday and this morning were OK; all the plants from Crocus are now in, as expected the lady's mantle was much reduced to make space. Those plants certainly root quickly!

Polemonium on other perennials chopped back, may get another flowering? First of the late perennials like Helenium 'Moerheim Beauty' now opening.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Only half my crocus order arrived:(. I wonder if I should check with them?
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Only half my crocus order arrived:(. I wonder if I should check with them?

Is there an invoice with the plants? Sometimes stuff comes in more than one package. So long since I had anything from Crocus I can't remember what paperwork there was. Might be worth looking at the My Account section of the website, which is labelled "my crocus" in top right hand corner.

If they're out of stock I imagine you'll get an email tomorrow, and I don't think they take money till stuff is dispatched. Hope that helps.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Polemonium on other perennials chopped back, may get another flowering? First of the late perennials like Helenium 'Moerheim Beauty' now opening.
    Polemonium is like geranium phaeum, centaurea, astrantia and various other double value plants. Shear it down after flowering and it will perform again.

If it's any consolation, your heleniums are only a week or so behind mine. A week ago we were waiting for the July flowers to put on a show and relieve the early ones.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Was on the way to Ikea and decided at the last minute to go car shopping.....now pondering. Did get the chest of drawers in the end.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport