Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

neneromanova
neneromanova Posts: 3,051 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..

Comments

• purcy81
    purcy81 Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ooh lovely a shine new thread thank you for doing that x

Congrats aquamarinemonkey on your scan x

The latest list I could find is

pixelwife (09-07-2014)
    Decembergirl (16-07-2014) - 5th December 2013
    claretsgirl (18-07-2014)
    MrsMuffin (22-07-2014)
    Disney (07-08-2014)
    plantpot87 (13/08/2014)
    cmace2 (15-08-2014)
    Purcy81 (19-08-2014)
    credit_crunch (19-08-2014)
    Gemguin (24-08-2014)
    Any name will suffice (?24-08-2014)

so I hope thats the right one!

Wishing you all a wonderful new year x
  • Happy new year & thanks for a new thread.
    In hindsight I should not have went to a friends party as me not drinking set tongues wagging!
    Will know for next time!
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    pixelwife (09-07-2014)
    Decembergirl (16-07-2014) - 5th December 2013
    claretsgirl (18-07-2014)
    MrsMuffin (22-07-2014)
    Disney (07-08-2014)
    plantpot87 (13/08/2014)
    cmace2 (15-08-2014)
    Purcy81 (19-08-2014)
    credit_crunch (19-08-2014)
    lilmissmup (21-08-2014)
    Gemguin (24-08-2014)
    Any name will suffice (?24-08-2014)

Added myself :)

I was asleep by 10pm last night! Not a big new years eve fan anyway!
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Oh no, I am not feeling terribly optimistic. I had what felt like period pains last night, and this evening I am getting some really sharp pains quite low down.

Still, I can only wait and see.

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean x
  • purcy81
    purcy81 Posts: 571 Forumite
    Big hugs anyname I'm sorry you feel so worried but really hoping its just stretching pains or trapped wind. I've had some similar pains and it seems so have a lot of others on here. I know I haven't been through as many mc as you but I do understand the constant need to knicker twitch and worry about every niggle and pain. I sincerely hope that this is your forever baby xx
  • Hi all. Hope everyone is ok.
    Hugs to Anyname, fingers crossed it is sticky and it's just stretching pains.
    AFM as of this evening I have had the feeling I am about to get my period and have started spotting/bleeding. I will call my midwife in the morning. I had a feeling this wouldn't end well due to my complete lack of symptoms but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I don't want to drag the thread down but I had to 'tell' someone as we have kept this pregnancy quiet. Unfortunately if this does now end as expected I wont be trying again. I am currently 11+5 and I am scared as to what may happen next.
    Lots of love to all. X
  • Hugs girls.
    Hope its nothing serious & everything is ok with you both.
    Keep us posted & take it easy xx
  • oh claretsgirl, sorry to hear your worries, I am not sure as I have only been on this thread for a week, but have you had a scan yet? Some women don't experience the common symptoms at all during pregnancy, and again some women do have bleeding during a healthy pregnancy, so please don't panic. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Please let us know what your midwife says tomorrow.

I have gone to bed. After a big turkey dinner (christmas dinner with OH dad) I had to change out of the jeans I have been wearing since yesterday and I realised they are actually quite tight around the waistband. We have been eating cooked breakfasts all week! But the pains have been a lot less since I changed, so hopefully I was just squeezing myself a bit, along with a bit of trapped wind.

I do feel absolutely exhausted though. We had a 17 hour journey up here in Saturday, and I have been running around doing all the cooking etc, including a Christmas dinner today, so I might have overdone it a bit! And my boobs are so sore it's just not funny!
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    claretsgirl - huge hugs first off! To try and ease your mind a bit, I had a bleed (as in a fairly large gush) at 6 weeks, and spotting at 9 and 11 weeks. Had a scan at 13 weeks, everything was fine and now I'm 16+2 and I've been feeling baby move for about a week and a half. I hope that everything works out well for you and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    Hi all. Hope everyone is ok.
    Hugs to Anyname, fingers crossed it is sticky and it's just stretching pains.
    AFM as of this evening I have had the feeling I am about to get my period and have started spotting/bleeding. I will call my midwife in the morning. I had a feeling this wouldn't end well due to my complete lack of symptoms but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I don't want to drag the thread down but I had to 'tell' someone as we have kept this pregnancy quiet. Unfortunately if this does now end as expected I wont be trying again. I am currently 11+5 and I am scared as to what may happen next.
    Lots of love to all. X

How bad is the bleeding?

You can always just go to A&E in the morning and they'll be able to send you to the appropriate dept in the hospital, Id imagine theyd get you a scan.

When I had bleeding I found this much more useful as tbh the midwife cant really confirm anything for you. I text mine, and she said just let her know if I needed help with anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback