Gandys not free flip flops

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow, so it's clear you have to enter a code and you didn't... but want them anyway?
    What a great way to waste the ASA's time.

I have customers like this with my own Internet business, and it's absolutely mind-blowing how some people can just keep thinking they're in the right.
    Good luck, enjoy your shorts. That's enough Internet for today.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you use the code without any flipflops in your basket it will say code not valid...you add the flipflops at £22 (any of the ones marked free) and then when you use the code it deducts £22.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops. I did the order on my phone so didn't see and code to enter. As a new customer I signed up & got £5 off my first order. There ad clearly states £5 off any purchases. I have complained to the ASA.

Oh man you contacted the ASA about this, they will get a laugh out of it.

A case of user error.
  • Or maybe Gandys should employ you in there customer service. As you would be a good fit.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Well, in fairness to the OP, the site does say "FREE FLIP FLOPS WITH EVERY PURCHASE! CHECKOUT CODE: FREEFLIPFLOPS" and does not state any associated T&Cs.

On the flip (haha!) side, I'd never heard of Gandys before, so the OP has done some advertising for them.
  • prowla wrote: »
    Well, in fairness to the OP, the site does say "FREE FLIP FLOPS WITH EVERY PURCHASE! CHECKOUT CODE: FREEFLIPFLOPS" and does not state any associated T&Cs.
    But you can get the free flip flops with every purchase provided that you enter the relevant code in the box when placing the order.
    The OP didn't enter this code and wrongly assumed that the free shoes would be sent automatically.

"No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops. I did the order on my phone so didn't see and code to enter"
  • timbstoke
    timbstoke Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'd never heard of them before either, and now I'm tempted to place an order just to get Gandy's Flip Flops.
  • prowla
    timbstoke wrote: »
    I'd never heard of them before either, and now I'm tempted to place an order just to get Gandy's Flip Flops.
    Unfortunately there are no really cheap items! :-)
  • prowla
    But you can get the free flip flops with every purchase provided that you enter the relevant code in the box when placing the order.
    The OP didn't enter this code and wrongly assumed that the free shoes would be sent automatically.

"No I just assumed they would send you free flip flops. I did the order on my phone so didn't see and code to enter"
    Yes, I see that they missed that bit (plus specifying the size).

But the OP also said that they had a reply saying you could only enter one code per purchase, so their £5 intro prevented the free flip flops, hence they are not "with every purchase".

Anyway, no biggie to me, I'm not planning to order any!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure