IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

myparkingcharge.co.uk

Options
I received a little yellow wallet from myparkingcharge.co.uk advising me "a parking charge notice may be issued to the registered keeper" on my windscreen - confusing as I was under the impression I'd bought and displayed a valid ticket.

After speaking to the warden he issued it because it was partially covered up (the time valid until was not visible as there was a much larger permit and a previous ticket for the same car park, although plenty of other information on the ticket was clear). I showed the valid ticket to prove it was legitimate and it must have just moved slightly from the wind/closing the car door. He said he couldn't rescind the notice as it had already been given but to appeal explaining it was valid and had been moved slightly and this would be fine.

In the appeal I sent photo evidence proving the ticket that was partially obscured was indeed valid. The serial number along with date/time of issue, car park code etc... were identical on his evidence and also my photos to prove this. And then explained what had happened as the warden had suggested would be acceptable.

Excel Parking Services have just replied rejecting my appeal. They acknowledged that the ticket was indeed valid but didn't fulfil the criteria for being "clearly" displayed as the basis for their rejection. As a "gesture of goodwill" the have offered a reduced fee to encourage me to pay up, which obviously I don't want to do for something so trivial.

They also suggest if I still don't agree to appeal to the IAS, but if I do they will rescind their gesture of goodwill (in an attempt to force a compromise and get something from me?)

I feel quite strongly I've not done anything obviously wrong, but am unsure how to proceed from here. Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

In particular note the futility of appeals to IAS.

Ignore everything except court correspondence or a lbcca.

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings

If it comes to this then come back for advice on how to defend this at the time
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 4:13PM
    Options
    After speaking to the warden
    He was no 'warden', these people do not 'look after' drivers or cars or car parks.

Course it would have been turned down, it's an IPC firm! Same as this advice given earlier on pepipoo:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=119271

Follow the links to the Parking Prankster explaining the 'kangaroo court' of IAS/IPC.

You need to go and read the NEWBIES sticky thread. pay attention to everything written about IPC firms, and watch the Parliamentary debate because you don't yet seem to get that the entire industry is rogue, rotten to the core.

The MPs words in Parliament will make you realise what you caught up in. Watch the video.

Excel are ex-clampers, just after your money. IMHO, all private parking charges are a scam. Nobody here would pay this charge but there is NO fair appeal worth trying.

Complain to your MP, get them to support the Bill you will learn about from our forum.

Complain to the landowner and they might cancel it, saves bother. DO NOT PAY.

If you later get a small claim, or a LBC, then come back. We win 99% of these cases.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stubblysass
    Stubblysass Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 April 2018 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Thanks for the swift response, though I've already read through that thread - and indeed had no intention of appealing to the IAS thanks to the advice. I was simply trying to provide as much information as possible for help.

My problem and source of confusion is being advised by the warden that I had a valid ticket and it wasn't going to be an issue and yet the appeal was rejected anyway.

Thank you for the advice on how to proceed though.

edit: Thanks Coupon for the further reading and help too - apologies if I missed something directly from the help thread but it can get complicated to understand at times!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My problem and source of confusion is being advised by the warden that I had a valid ticket and it wasn't going to be an issue and yet the appeal was rejected anyway.
    Perhaps you should take that up with 'the warden' next time you meet him. :D
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    they lie, as they are on commission and do not want a confrontation, they know nothing about the legalities of this topic and I suggest you talk to the nearest urban fox when you see one as it knows more about these parking sc@ms than any so called "warden"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, stop thinking of him as a warden, and see him for who staff in this rotten industry are.

They lie, they lie, then they lie again.

They tell people to appeal, knowing it is futile. All an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • J1210
    Options
    I have received notification from the IAS that my appeal has been rejected.

I attended the airport with my 8 month pregnant argent to pick up our daughter, and had pre-booked a parking space in the airport multi-storey car park.

As the pictures demonstrate, my car was not stationary and was moving. The 30 second period I slowed down in the area (which does not have red road markings in it as the photographs demonstrate) was spent turning the car around having established that we had gone the wrong way.

I feel it is grossly unfair to fine someone £100 for simply turning a vehicle around. The pictures show that my car had moved, and was not parked or stationary.

Any advice??
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You would be better off reading the NEWBIE sticky on the first page of the forum and then, if you have not received enough help/advice, start your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure