Changing for good!

Comments

• I have just under £6.00 coming from PA today and I have my last £10 note cash left in my purse... so today I will be paying that into the bank so that when the small payout from PA hits.. I can CLEAR CC2 :D

The only spends I have for the rest of the month (paid on 31st) are my things for lunch for next week, but I have some tesco coupons that will cover that if I use them wisely, other than that I don't need to spend anything so quite happy to use my last tenner to clear my CC!

I can then either use the £15 I would have used to clear it on payday to make my first OP to MyJar, or treat myself to something small as a well done... I'm undecided :rotfl: devil on one shoulder and angel on the other :rotfl:
  • I just looked at the MyJar account to see how it would change if I paid the £15 and I thought that the £260.47 I wrote when I tallied up my debts was the total I would repay which was silly of my considering there's 6 repayments of around £50, now I am determined to overpay now that I see the total is going up everyday that I have interest accruing!
  • Isn't it funny how our mindset changes during this process - I didnt used to give the interest a second thought , only that I had more credit available to spend
  • Isn't it funny how our mindset changes during this process - I didnt used to give the interest a second thought , only that I had more credit available to spend

Agreed! Previously that tenner in my purse would have been gone in minutes but it's been sat in my purse for a good week or so now :)
  • I am so excited for you paying off CC2!
    You should be really proud of your achievement so far :)
  • I'm excited too :D
    It was the smallest debt but it'll be a debt gone nonetheless!
    Counting down the minutes til my lunch hour and watching my paypal like a hawk :rotfl:

Thank you x
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fantastic! Well done mrs! What credit card/loan are you going to pay off next? Xx
  • I will be boosting my DD for CC3 to £50 per month after the next lot go out, and any survey payments are going to pay down the MyJar loan quicker :)
    £10 paid into the bank just waiting on the PA payment now :)
  • ....and CC2 is GONE!

Payment made, app deleted, done and dusted. It won't show officially until some point next week but no point keeping hold of the app just to see a zero balance in a few days, clicking the "Pay Full Balance" button was enough!

Smallest debt, but it's gone, and I know I can get the rest gone too :D
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That is fantastic and you're right no point in keeping the app when you've paid it off :-) so £50 a month to cc3 which by Christmas will be pretty much paid! Then will it be your loan lantern 1 after? Get all the small ones finished and keep minimum payments on the rest? It'll be gone before you know it you should be so happy x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure