Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Ive got over the spending urge now! We went out for a walk and for a quick trip to the park which was lovely. Cant believe how nice it is today. So I've been down to the shed and brought out my daffodils. Ive also pulled off some of the dead leaves from the strawberries and they seem to be coming back nicely too.

Redo, as we were coming back from the park I noticed one our neighbours clematis looks a bit twiggy at the moment, it amazes me how different it will look in a couple of months.

Louby, I don't think the heating will click on today either :T

Ive got such a sore throat today, feels like I've got something stuck in the front of it! I feel ok though so will go to the gym as normal.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella, banana and seeds
    Lunch - cheese on toast
    Tea - BBQ chicken with roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli
    Gym - spinning

Think thats all xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on not spending MTG. It's lovely when you see signs of Spring growth isn't it :).

I hope your sore throat gets better.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Well done on not giving in to your spending urge, i'm taking my grandma to a garden centre on Friday, not sure how i'm going to resist not spending anything I would really love a blueberry bush, must not spend, must not spend.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon diary,

Well its looking like NSD6 of 10 today. Feeling good with that so far considering were only 1/3 of the way through the month. We have had a lazy morning here (theres been quite a lot of this these holidays!) but weve got lots on this afternoon. Dentist for the girls, DD's dance lesson and then swimming lesson.

Ive also mopped downstairs as the floor always feels gritty when the kids have been playing out and I can't stand it! Will have a quick swish round the house before we leave and then it will stay tidy for today.
    Its raining here today, after such a lovely day yesterday too I'm not impressed! So I've got one load in the drier and then another load about to go in shortly.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana
    Lunch - cheese omelette, strawberries and rocky biscuit
    Tea - pasta bake and garlic bread

Think thats about all. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Weve had a lovely day today. Was meeting up with a friend and she text this morning inviting us to their house as the weather was just too bad for the park. The fog hasnt lifted at all in about 2 days here, its really bad. Kids had a great time catching up and we enjoyed a catch up over a cuppa too.

SSD today £4.60 in the coop on milk and some yellow stickered kievs reduced to £2.40! Ive stuck them straight into the freezer and will do for a tea next week.

DDs having pasta for tea and then they have football and dancing. DH has taken something to have at work as otherwise it would be after 8 he would be eating and I will have a cheese and onion crisp bake with some beans leftover from lunch.

We have a busy day tomorrow as DD2 has to be at the dentist before 9 and its the other end of town. Getting up in the morning will be fun :eek:.

Think thats about all! Hope all ok x
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Weve had an early start this morning with DD's dental appointment. Getting up was surprisingly easy and could have had a bit more of a lie in but hey ho! All good and she has been signed off from their service now (its only been 18 months of trekking to different surgeries :cool:!).
    After we called at home b@rgains for chinese curry sauce, dental floss and crisps - £2.77 spent. Then £50 in Mr Al's on the weeks shop. Since realised there is the tiniest bit of soy sauce left in the cupboard which we need for tomorrows tea so will need to go out and get some :mad:. Cant believe DH bothered to put it back. Will probably end up back at Mr Al's!

Just had lunch and done a couple of surveys and now waiting to go and meet a couple of their friends at the local ice cream and coffee shop.

Its still foggy here and pretty chilly too. The heating has been clicking back on which I'm not surprised at. Apparently its going to brighten up next week... just as were back at work.

Food:
    Breakfast - usual
    Lunch - cheese on toast
    Tea - garlic chicken, roast potatoes, carrots and peas
    Gym - spinning

Think thats about all for now xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you got DD's teeth sorted. I hope your weather improves soon,
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Last day of the holidays booooooo! Weather... were on day 4 of fog :cool:, makes it feel so cold and damp.
    We haven't got many plans for today... I need to apologise to DH about the soy sauce as we have another bottle in the back of the cupboard which I bought when he wrote it on the board :rotfl: sorry DH!
    I think today will be NSD7 of 10 as we have no plans to really go anywhere or buy anything.
    The girls are awaiting a delivery of some things for science day at school so they're more than happy to stay in waiting for them... I hope they come today now or else I won't hear the end of it :rotfl:.

Need to get the house ship shape and then I can chill over the weekend.

Takeaway chinese chicken curry for tea. Its one of my faves so looking forward to that :D.

Thank you HHOD, its a huge relief re the dentist!

Happy Friday all xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope the parcel arrived Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening PLMBL,

One of the parcels came but not the one they really wanted! Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Just noticed my post above says takeaway for tea... this should read fakeaway! It was sooooo delicious and DH got 3 portions for work lunches.

Today has been NSD7, so please with this total especially since its been the holidays too :beer:.

Thats about all! xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport