DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• motivated wrote: »
    Hi January

The biggest of the two was March 2013 and the smaller of the two was July 2015

Just having a slight wobble here On PRA’s site it’s got a section about litigation and it’s worried me. “We have a team of customer agents who are trained to investigate customer financial circumstances” :eek:

I don’t know if I should fill in their I&E they have on there as it won’t let me into the site to set up payments until I do.
    M

Hi,

My Barclaycard debt has just been sold to PRA and the letter said if I already had a payment plan in place this would continue for at least 6 months or until a review is due if after 6 months, does your letter say anything like that?
    I didn't have an arrangement in place with Barclaycard so just sent PRA my standard I&E with my letter explaining circumstances and offer of payment. I didn't bother doing it on their website as I wanted to make sure my I&E was the same for all my creditors ( some creditors seem to have different categories on an I&E and this confuses me :o).
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Hi,

My Barclaycard debt has just been sold to PRA and the letter said if I already had a payment plan in place this would continue for at least 6 months or until a review is due if after 6 months, does your letter say anything like that?
    I didn't have an arrangement in place with Barclaycard so just sent PRA my standard I&E with my letter explaining circumstances and offer of payment. I didn't bother doing it on their website as I wanted to make sure my I&E was the same for all my creditors ( some creditors seem to have different categories on an I&E and this confuses me :o).

Hi Leanne

My letters just say that PRA now own the debt and I need to contact them to pay off my our outstanding balance as soon as possible :eek:

I’ve tried doing things on their site and everything just keeps disappearing again. I will write and send them my I&E and offer of payment etc.

We have 2 Barclaycard debts too that have defaulted I wonder if they will go to PRA aswell. Can I ask how long yours have been defaulted. Our are since March as they backdated the defaults for us
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi January

The biggest of the two was March 2013 and the smaller of the two was July 2015

Just having a slight wobble here On PRA’s site it’s got a section about litigation and it’s worried me. “We have a team of customer agents who are trained to investigate customer financial circumstances” :eek:

I don’t know if I should fill in their I&E they have on there as it won’t let me into the site to set up payments until I do.
    M

Hi Motivated

A shame the MBNA debts are so recent - this was the once CCA we had success with - but our account dated back to 2000 ish.

Anyway - back to your query. I would ignore PRAs website and just write to them and request details to set up a standing order. Don't panic and just keep paying token payments.

We're not with PRA but I've pushed token payments for 2 years now. Creditors/DCAs are only just starting to get a bit antsy/irritated. ;)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi Leanne

We have 2 Barclaycard debts too that have defaulted I wonder if they will go to PRA aswell. Can I ask how long yours have been defaulted. Our are since March as they backdated the defaults for us
    M

My BC debts defaults are almost 2 years ago now..... debts still with BC and showing no signs of going anywhere. However, they may just write to me out of the blue and tell me they've sold them - you never can tell is what I am trying to say. BC definitely treat each case individually and do not seem to follow any set procedure or timescales for these things :(
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • motivated
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I have just put letters from my NEDCAB DMP in envelopes with I&Es and will post them off to PRA tomorrow. I have put my offers to them and hopefully all will be ok.

Wow things are really moving along now :D.
    M
  • motivated
    My BC debts defaults are almost 2 years ago now..... debts still with BC and showing no signs of going anywhere. However, they may just write to me out of the blue and tell me they've sold them - you never can tell is what I am trying to say. BC definitely treat each case individually and do not seem to follow any set procedure or timescales for these things :(

Oh I won’t hold my breath then :rotfl:
    M
  • motivated wrote: »
    Hi Leanne

My letters just say that PRA now own the debt and I need to contact them to pay off my our outstanding balance as soon as possible :eek:

I’ve tried doing things on their site and everything just keeps disappearing again. I will write and send them my I&E and offer of payment etc.

M

My Barclaycard debt defaulted in July, I wrote to them asking for bank details to set up a standing order as I couldn't access my online account anymore but they never responded. I didn't bother chasing them so no payments have been made to them for about 6 months so maybe that's why it has been sold on. As January said though there seems to be no rhyme or reason with anything to do with Barclaycard so who knows!
  • motivated
    My Barclaycard debt defaulted in July, I wrote to them asking for bank details to set up a standing order as I couldn't access my online account anymore but they never responded. I didn't bother chasing them so no payments have been made to them for about 6 months so maybe that's why it has been sold on. As January said though there seems to be no rhyme or reason with anything to do with Barclaycard so who knows!

Who knows how they work. We’ve been paying £1.00 tokens for about 5/6 months now. Both accounts defaulted around October but they backdated them to March.
    M
  • kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2018 at 12:37PM
    I also received the PRA letter saying they have bought the debt from Barclaycard last month, mine defaulted in april. Yesterday I called SC to update them of the change & the advisor said that they were getting PRA Barclaycard enquies on every other call?
  • motivated
    kram wrote: »
    I also received the PRA letter saying they have bought the debt from Barclaycard last month, mine defaulted in april. Yesterday I called SC to update them of the change & the advisor said that they were getting PRA Barclaycard enquies on every other call?

PRA Group have obviously bought a job lot of accounts then it seems. I’ve sent them my letters and offers of payment this morning. See if they accept. I wonder if my 2 BCs will be sold soon too.
    M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family