Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Virgin Atlantic ONLY

Options

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Clive_79 wrote: »
    Can anybody help with providing a recommendation of a decent no win no fee firm?? thanks.

Not a recommendation but Bott & Co seem to be getting a lot of instructions - Coby Benson posts on MSE from time to time.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Clive_79 wrote: »
    Can anybody help with providing a recommendation of a decent no win no fee firm?? thanks.

No firm can offer a No win - no costs whatsoever deal, so you have to read their small print.

A 'decent' one will explain the unavoidable costs as the claim progresses, giving you opportunity not to proceed if you decide not risk the unavoidable costs.

Have a good read of http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4703719 for further information.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • psarinuk
    Options
    As a current subscriber to Bott & Co services for a flight delay compensation claim against Virgin, I cannot provide any recommendations I am afraid.
    They were outsourced via EUclaim.co.uk in May 2013 and I've had to chase them every 2-3 weeks to get an update. They are extremely slow, don't know why.
    They even tried to confuse their pricing in the beginning which I had to clarify before agreeing to use them.

I now have another claim with Virgin but I am going to use the MCOL route this time.
  • Natony46
    Options
    Thanks to all for the support.

It is to do with the 25 hour delay from Orlando but VAA seem to know something I don't with regards to staff sickness/illness not being inherent with the daily running of their business. It obviously is an extraordinary circumstance in their eyes, just hope the Judge has a clearer view when we get to court.
  • Jupiler
    Options
    I don't generally have the time or enthusiasm to handle our claim against Virgin Atlantic myself, so elected to use the services of EUClaim / Bott & Co and am very satisfied with the outcome thus far.

The claim was for myself and three others (at 600 Euro each, amounting to 2400 Euro in total - before Bott's percentage and fee is taken off per person).

This was for flight VS43 Gatwick - Las Vegas on 1st October 2008, which arrived at Las Vegas 4h02m late due to late departure from Gatwick because of a technical fault on an earlier inward working into Gatwick.

I submitted our claim via EUClaim on 4th July 2013, and on 19th September 2013 Bott & Co confirmed that the airline has agreed to settle this claim.

At no point did I feel the need to chase Bott & Co up during this time. Their Letter Before Claim was sent to Virgin on 4th July with a follow up on 18th July chasing a response and threatening application for pre-action disclosure and/or issuing court proceedings. On 15th August Bott advised us that court proceedings had been duly submitted to the court.

Although our flight was almost five years ago (and thus approaching the deadline for claiming), I had kept email documentation relating to on-line check-in for the four of us, plus acknowledgement of payment and itinerary details and provided these promptly to Bott & Co at the outset.

Just waiting for our share of the cash to be transferred into our accounts now. The ease with which this claim has gone through might indicate that if I had a bit more confidence and a lot more time, I could have claimed successfully on our behalf myself, but all four of us are satisfied with the outcome.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 September 2013 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Jupiler wrote: »
    I don't generally have the time or enthusiasm to handle our claim against Virgin Atlantic myself, so elected to use the services of EUClaim / Bott & Co and am very satisfied with the outcome thus far.

The claim was for myself and three others (at 600 Euro each, amounting to 2400 Euro in total - before Bott's percentage and fee is taken off per person).

Just waiting for our share of the cash to be transferred into our accounts now. The ease with which this claim has gone through might indicate that if I had a bit more confidence and a lot more time, I could have claimed successfully on our behalf myself, but all four of us are satisfied with the outcome.
    Edited for being a numpty...
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    So did you win in court or settlement out of court?

Out of court, it seems: "I submitted our claim via EUClaim on 4th July 2013, and on 19th September 2013 Bott & Co confirmed that the airline has agreed to settle this claim."
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol, missed that bit in my quick scan :) (or just not used to seeing claim submitted/settled in same sentance! :) )
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Jupiler
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    So did you win in court or settlement out of court?

Comms advise exactly as above, therefore it seems it didn't get as far as going to court.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jupiler wrote: »
    This was for flight VS43 Gatwick - Las Vegas on 1st October 2008, which arrived at Las Vegas 4h02m late due to late departure from Gatwick because of a technical fault on an earlier inward working into Gatwick.

Well done!

Can you give details (on here or by PM) please of the technical fault? Virgin are defending my claim which sounds very similar!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure