DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• Letter from RBS acknowledging my 'breathing space I am in contact with Stepchange letter'.

It says they are prepared to defer any action until 7/10/18 and will suspend any calls or letters before then. The letter continues to say interest will still be applied but that late payment charges will not be applied. I was hoping they would also suspend interest the same as MBNA have. I know they are not obliged to do so, but wondered if anyone else has had this from RBS. Did they suspend interest later on or do they charge interest until the account is defaulted?

The letter states I have had the account since 7/7/97. I'm wondering if they still have the original paperwork. I'm almost certain it would have been a paper application that far back. Is it worth writing to ask for a copy of the original paperwork? I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here. Is this what people do to see if the debt is enforceable or not? Any pointers anyone can give me are much appreciaed.
  • If it was me, I would reply in writing, by post, reiterating that you only consent to written communication by post. Confirm in the letter that all other forms of communication, including email, have not got your consent.
    That's what I thought. Thanks!
  • jools1985 wrote: »

The letter states I have had the account since 7/7/97. I'm wondering if they still have the original paperwork. I'm almost certain it would have been a paper application that far back. Is it worth writing to ask for a copy of the original paperwork? I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here. Is this what people do to see if the debt is enforceable or not? Any pointers anyone can give me are much appreciaed.

jools, finding out if the paperwork is compliant and the debt is enforceable or not is exactly what you need to do as soon as possible. It's called a CCA request, most of us have done them and it's well worth the fee involved. A debt that age stands a very good chance of being unenforceable:j.

Sorry, in a mad rush and no time just now to point you in the direction of the templates and information on how to submit a CCA request. I hope someone else will be along very soon to help you. Definitely worth doing, go for it:beer:
  • I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Hi all. I have noticed a few people mention that their creditors have contacted them by email. For me personally this would be better as sometimes I work away 6 or 7 nights at a time. Is it acceptable to request to be contacted by email and are their any disadvantages to this?
  • Is your credit file marked with an Arrangement to Pay marker on those three accounts or have they been marked in arrears? What do your credit files say?

A couple have DM on for debt management(one of which is one of the accounts I mentioned) one has UC on which I can only assume is unconfirmed?
    Some haven’t updated yet :(
  • I have noticed a few people mention that their creditors have contacted them by email. For me personally this would be better as sometimes I work away 6 or 7 nights at a time. Is it acceptable to request to be contacted by email and are their any disadvantages to this?
    It is perfectly acceptable to do all your communication by email. The downside with doing stuff by email, is that they can inundate you with emails to the point of harassment.
    A couple have DM on for debt management(one of which is one of the accounts I mentioned) one has UC on which I can only assume is unconfirmed?
    Some haven’t updated yet :(
    What you ideally want is for all your creditors to mark your accounts as defaulted, dated at the time when you were 3-6 months in arrears of your credit agreement. If your creditors do that, then they will be in full compliance with ICO guidelines.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Hi all

Quick question about my DMP. Most of my creditors have defaulted and I'm currently with SC. Really, really thinking of self managing and wondering if creditors will accept token payments for a few months, could do with re-building my EF as it's been used for, yes you guessed it, an emergency and almost wiped it out, but I don't know if the creditors will accept token payments once a default has been registered. I'm sure January2015 did a similar thing and if she's out there any advice would be awesome or if anyone else has experience of this advice would be great. :beer:
  • What services are people using to check their credit reports? I have Noddle, should I use anything else too?
  • Billy12345 wrote: »
    Most of my creditors have defaulted and I'm currently with SC. Really, really thinking of self managing and wondering if creditors will accept token payments for a few months, could do with re-building my EF as it's been used for, yes you guessed it, an emergency and almost wiped it out, but I don't know if the creditors will accept token payments once a default has been registered.
    Nothing wrong with doing token payments for 3 months to rebuild your EF. If it was me, I would put the token payments offer in writing to my creditors, including an up-to-date SOA that demonstrates a current shortfall for monthly repayments. I wouldn't mention anything about my EF.
    Red_Athena wrote: »
    What services are people using to check their credit reports? I have Noddle, should I use anything else too?
    There are three CRAs:
    Noddle = TransUnion (ex CallCredit)
    MSE Credit Club = Experian
    Clearscore = Equifax
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family