Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Hi,
    I have a gas and electric dual fuel account with Toto and am thinking of switching to Pure Planet. I see people mentioning having to send in meter readings. I have a smart meter and have not had to send in readings since it was installed . Will this continue to provide readings?
    Thanks
    Sam
  • beckyjones86
    beckyjones86 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2018 at 11:22PM
    I was initially wary of swapping to an app only energy provider but when I thought about, I couldn’t remember calling my old energy supplier at all so went ahead.

The switch was seamless with really easy instructions to follow. My reason for this switch was driven by their 100% renewable energy and 100% carbon offset gas. I had looked into ‘Bulb’ as they are more well known but they don’t promise the same gas offsets as Pure Planet. Surprisingly I’m paying less than I was with NPower and feel better about using renewable energy, its a win, win for me.

If your thinking about joining Pure Planet and you’d like a £25 Amazon voucher when signing up just use this link (delete the space after the forward slashes)
    [Referral Removed]
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi Sam
    Great to hear that you're thinking of switching! :T
    Your current smart meter won't work. This is because the 1st generation only work with the supplier who installs them.
    We'll soon be providing our Members with 2nd generation meters.
    So for now you'll have to send in meter readings to us. This is done via our app.

Hope that helps
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    inkythumbs wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a gas and electric dual fuel account with Toto and am thinking of switching to Pure Planet. I see people mentioning having to send in meter readings. I have a smart meter and have not had to send in readings since it was installed . Will this continue to provide readings?
    Thanks
    Sam
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Would someone from Pure Planet care to comment on the current Google Play store rating of 2.7 stars? I would like to switch, but as everything happens via the app, what happens when the app is the problem? I notice that you engage well with people leaving feedback on Trustpilot (whether positive or negative), so it might be an idea if you were pro-active in the feedback section of the Play store? As an app-centric company, you surely must be unhappy at the low rating? It would be hard to imagine the app only bank services springing up flourishing if their apps were rated so poorly.
  • I’ve just switched. I’m happy to give Pure Planet a go, although I have reservations about app only communication.
    What I really want is a company who will charge competitive rates for the energy I use..... a variable rate each month, rather than companies collecting my money and creaming off the interest, while I have a credit balance. Grrr
  • Hi, I opted to switch to Pure Planet but changed my mind when I realised that I couldn't pay the same amount each month but would be charged a higher monthly payment over the winter months. Realise that this doesn't apply to everyone but, for my own budgeting purposes, it is much easier to know what we're paying each month throughout the year. We certainly can't afford to be paying an extra £50 pcm in the run up to Christmas!
    I know this means that we build up a credit over the summer months but I'd rather that than be faced with extra costs over the winter.
  • PurePlanet
    cloudscape wrote: »
    Hi, I opted to switch to Pure Planet but changed my mind when I realised that I couldn't pay the same amount each month but would be charged a higher monthly payment over the winter months. Realise that this doesn't apply to everyone but, for my own budgeting purposes, it is much easier to know what we're paying each month throughout the year. We certainly can't afford to be paying an extra £50 pcm in the run up to Christmas!
    I know this means that we build up a credit over the summer months but I'd rather that than be faced with extra costs over the winter.

Hi Cloudscape

The reason the payments flex to colder and warmer months is to match usage and protect members from building up too much debt or too much credit.
    It means a little less in warmer months and a little more in the colder months to mirror the pattern of energy use.
    We know this isn't for everyone.
    Please don't give up on renewables!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    I’ve just switched. I’m happy to give Pure Planet a go, although I have reservations about app only communication.
    What I really want is a company who will charge competitive rates for the energy I use..... a variable rate each month, rather than companies collecting my money and creaming off the interest, while I have a credit balance. Grrr

Hi Weesiecodal
    Great to hear you've switched!
    Welcome :j
    We do have a great community with lots of info and really friendly members - check it out https://community.purepla.net
    Hope you enjoy our competitive rates

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 16 September 2018 at 11:53AM
    Still great value, even after taking into account the new rates from Otober.Very competitive prices.

Renewable Energy at wholesale prices.
  • sss555s
    sss555s Posts: 3,175 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2018 at 2:53PM
    Can someone PM me a referral please.

Edit* Referal received, thanks :money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts