Comments

• karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Did it work? Surely not.....

£2750 returned. :D

I phoned them explaining the situation and the message that's displayed, they asked for a screen shot, they phoned back later and apologised. They offered the difference in the loss of interest had I deposited £3k for 1 year @ 2.3% - so got just over £30.

They're now my 2nd favourite bank/BS after Virgin Money.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    £2750 returned. :D

I phoned them explaining the situation and the message that's displayed, they asked for a screen shot, they phoned back later and apologised. They offered the difference in the loss of interest had I deposited £3k for 1 year @ 2.3% - so got just over £30.

They're now my 2nd favourite bank/BS after Virgin Money.

Presumably because you've profited more from Virgin's mistakes:p
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »

You should have told them you had expected to deposit £3k per month for the full year :D
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Have any of the major banks yet introduced this faster clearance of cheques, which would be an encouragement? Santander haven't.

Yes, including, I believe, some branches of Santander. No bank is doing a wholesale overnight introduction. It is being rolled out on a branch by branch basis, so your local Santander may not have yet, but others will. The same is true for other banks. The only way to know is to ask the bank.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I am on my way to the airport for a holiday. Trying to do the weekly update using my smartphone is a lot more difficult than I would have guessed so I shall do the next update when I return from holiday.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am on my way to the airport for a holiday. Trying to do the weekly update using my smartphone

Dedication.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I am on my way to the airport for a holiday. Trying to do the weekly update using my smartphone is a lot more difficult than I would have guessed so I shall do the next update when I return from holiday.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page

SS2 takes holidays :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Enjoy, and thanks for all the work on this thread:beer:
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

SS2

I will keep a good eye on the thread for you.

Have a great holiday

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • JamesRobinson48
    Options
    My Norwich & Peterborough RS was transferred to the Yorkshire Building Society's online system today, smoothly as far as I can tell. One unexpected bonus of the platform switch: £30 interest has been credited to the account effective today, even though none is contractually due until the anniversary of account opening some months hence!

Now I'll just need to switch my SO payment details from N&P to YBS, and pick up a replacement passbook from any YBS branch.
  • umpixie
    umpixie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    not sure if this is the right place to post (spot the newbie) I'm looking for advice on a feeder account for my kids (both under 11

They have £3k each in savers. they've just got new regular saver accounts--I want the 3k to drip feed into their regular savers at the max of £100pcm but the nice person at the Halifax seemed to think that had to come from my account. That can't be the right or for that matter best, way surely! Its the kids money in their accounts--I don't want to take it our of their account and put it in my account and drip feed it--not least because then all the money they've piled up from grandparents and aunts and uncles over the years looks like its coming from me

grateful for any insight/advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport