PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DH is making steak pie.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Lunch today will be cold meat and salad (chicken for me and ham for He Who Knows) and a fat free yoghurt to follow. Supper this evening will be home made Sag Paneer with basmati rice which I've been fancying for ages. Fresh fruit for pudding and cup of coffee after.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Jazee wrote: »
    DH is making steak pie.
    It's a theme (sort of).

I'm making beef, onion, mushroom and potato pie today.
    I'll do the base in the slow cooker, then top the individual pie dishes with pastry.
    Looks like being scrambled egg on toast for lunch tomorrow as I'll have some beaten egg left over from the egg-wash.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Grilled tuna steaks, sweet potato wedges (with a sprinkling of chilli flakes) & some sort of asian salad (with cucumber, sugar snap peas, peppers & carrot).
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Lunch today will be cawl from the freezer with fresh bread and some cheese. Tonight's dinner is chicken and veg stir fry with basmati rice.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Lunch today will be cawl from the freezer with fresh bread and some cheese. Tonight's dinner is chicken and veg stir fry with basmati rice.

I don't think I ever get tired of cawl!!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Was going to do breaded haddock and vegetable rice tonight but OH is likely eating lunch at work between meetings so that's prob bumped to tomorrow.

Which means I'm now pondering whether I can manage a third day of Oxtail casserole to use it up (the portions not in the freezer) - have some kale in the freezer so I could cook that and use that up too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Soup from freezer for lunch and I did a few small jacket spuds yesterday and filled with l/o tuna mix from courgette boats (very nice too). Have a butter chicken type curry n rice from freezer. Bought reduced and froze in 2 portions so this is one of them, may do more kalette as extra veg. Trying to use freezer and healthy foods as well as trying new stuff, never too old to learn.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Cumberland sausage and roasted veg
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Was going to do breaded haddock and vegetable rice tonight but OH is likely eating lunch at work between meetings so that's prob bumped to tomorrow.

Which means I'm now pondering whether I can manage a third day of Oxtail casserole to use it up (the portions not in the freezer) - have some kale in the freezer so I could cook that and use that up too.

Couldn't face it...so fish finger sandwich instead
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family