Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi Beanie - he's been having some pain in the area of his shunt. It just seems endless - one thing after another. If he's no better after the weekend it's a trip to the doctors for him I'm afraid. He seems ok tonight though so fingers crossed. Thanks for asking x
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    It does just seem endless :(
    hope you can enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Happy March everyone! Shiny brand new month :)

Tried to post yesterday but Mr SA was hovering every time I picked up my iPad.

Time to look back on last month and make plans for this one so here's what my list looks like:

1. Savings - now the debt is paid off it's time to build savings. All I've managed at the moment is to add to my VSP which stands at a healthy £132.96. I've bought a new TV with what I would've saved as the old one was letting us down. We can now switch off the TV and it comes back on again - such luxury! So money well spent. Also saving for a holiday in April. March goal is to pay for the holiday. I'd like to start building up an emergency fund of £1000 too.

2. Lose weight - only lost 2lbs so far - not doing well. As the holiday is on the horizon I really need to knuckle down now. Goal for March is to lose 7lbs.

3. Exercise - I'm still doing on average 20,000 steps a day which you think would be enough - evidently not. So I've subscribed to Motion Traxx and do a workout from their app 3 times a week. Costs me £3.99 a month, much cheaper than a gym and I'm enjoying it.

4. Budget - still a work in progress. Really need to stick to a set budget or I will never build savings. March goal is to set a budget and stick to it. My freezer is so full I can't get anything else in it so menu plans will have to be based on what we've got.

5. Alcohol - only managed 8/12 alcohol free days in February. March goal is 12 again.

6. No spend days - new to my list. Did 6/8 last month which is good for me. However, March goal is 12 NSD.

7. Water - still a work in progress. Need to drink 2 litres minimum a day. Must keep a tick chart. T the moment probably drink 1.5 litres.

8. House - need to look into re-mortgaging versus selling. Now my job is secure I can do something.

9. Work - things have gone well big style on this front and I can say that I've now more than likely got a good job until I retire. It's my old job but I'm coming off my contract and being fully employed. Really chuffed to say the least :)

10. Driving - on a back burner for now.

11. Books - 42 Magazines - 24. The pile is going down.

12. Fly Lady - not got back into the swing of this yet.

So goals set for March.

Mr SA is a bit better, he didn't complain about headache yesterday but his mobility was really bad. We went in town and I lost him in Debenhams and finally found him sitting in a chair at one of those eyebrow threading bars! He's now signed up properly for the gym and has been given a 30 minute programme to follow to build up his strength. He's been swimming but still can't get his co-ordination right. Isn't it weird, he used to be such a good swimmer.
  • Sun_Addict
    I've booked our holiday!!!! Jet2 were offering £160 off. Lanzarote on 23 April - will be there for Mr SA's 50th. We've never been on a hotel in Lanzarote before, only villas, but feel more secure in a hotel with Mr SA, people around to assist if needed. All inclusive too so no need to haul food/drink around. Put it on the credit card but I know I'll have the money to clear it by the end of the month. Just hope he stays well now - he's had headache again this morning, hopefully nothing to worry about. 7 weeks to go to lose a stone. Weird thing is I got an email from Weightwatchers - two months online for the price of one - so have signed up. Need to get cracking now.
  • I don't think i've popped by yet since i've come back to mse! Congratulations on becoming DF :T that's brilliant news, also great about job security and the upcoming holiday! xx
    MFW 2024 #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £307/ 206.88 (ytd £640) working towards owning 50%
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance 01/01/24 £99224.13 01/02 £98,833.7201/03 £98,928.18
    01/04 £97,646.20
    Baby EF done £1.5k.Working towards goal 2 £32.45/500
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great great news on the job :J :j :j

Not long til Lanzarote~~As you say hope Mr SA keeps well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Great news on the job and the holiday. Pleased you got a new tv too :D Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • So happy to read you are the owner of a new tv and a HOLIDAY! and of course being debt free :) XX

excellent news XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Thanks ladies - the new TV switches off and comes back on again! Woo hoo! Can't believe we put up with the old one for so long. Nothing fancy but it's so much better than the old one. I have a wish list of things that need replacing. Next on the list is the kettle - it still works but has seen better days (a bit like me really!!!).
  • Sun_Addict
    Good evening folks! Busy day at work today which is how I like it. Mr SA has gone to bed with a lemsip, he says his head hurts and he's bunged up. He's been swimming today plus a short session in the gym for his rehab programme but it's absolutely wiped him out. AFD 1/12 today and I've stuck to my WW points and tracked them online. The thing is I always start off well at the beginning of the week and then by Wednesday things start to slide. It's about forming good habits really. Hoping for NSD 1/12 tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport