House number change - Experian

I've just changed our house number, but can't find a way to record this on Experian without saying I've moved. Also, the drop down address list doesn't include our new number, despite telling council, post office, electoral roll, etc. How can I register this change? I've a good credit rating on the old address, but have just had a phone contract refused probably caused by using the new house number. HELP PLEASE!

Comments

• How can you change your house number?

House numbers are allocated by the local council and notified to Royal Mail who assign a delivery point and postcode. That gets put into the Postal Address File (PAF) which everyone else uses for address data.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Do you mean you’ve moved?

You’re credit “rating” isn’t linked to a propert but you as a person.

As the council etc. update the CRA’s your new address will show automatically.

It’s nothing you need to do but wait
  • Thanks, folks. No - I haven't moved, just changed our house number. I've told everybody that I need to; I guess it just takes time for systems to get up to date, even though the Post Office were told probably a month ago. Many have the noted the new number, but not Experian so far! Will just have to wait, I guess. Doh!
    Many thanks.>
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport