Tandem

HI, it's a bit pointless having the Tandem CC on here. I tried to apply for one via MSE last Friday & at the bottom of their website it said 'under maintenance' which would be fine for the weekend maybe.
But it is still down today, so if a Credit card co. can't even have their website working they aint gonna be much cop.

Back to the drawing board I think.

Comments

• Why?

They’re allowed to do “maintenance” whenever they please. Or whenever it needs it.

Hardly a reason to not proceed
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Their website seems to be working fine now?

I've had a Tandem card since August and not had any issues with them.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've had a Tandem card since about February and never looked at their website, didn't even realise they had one, I've used the app for everything.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I was rejected for Tandem card even though my credit rating is perfect. And I truly mean "perfect". It could not be better. So I have no idea what is going on at tandem. A lot of people having issues looks like.
    I got them to remove their search from my credit file.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,400
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    beany_bot wrote: »
    I was rejected for Tandem card even though my credit rating is perfect. And I truly mean "perfect". It could not be better. So I have no idea what is going on at tandem. A lot of people having issues looks like.
    I got them to remove their search from my credit file.
    On what grounds, if it actually took place?

Many people will be rejected for credit despite being convinced that they're the perfect customer but lenders, who of course don't see the 'ratings' or 'scores' promoted by the CRAs, are quite entitled not to offer credit to anyone they choose to decline....
  • System
    Community Admin
    eskbanker wrote: »
    On what grounds, if it actually took place?

Many people will be rejected for credit despite being convinced that they're the perfect customer but lenders, who of course don't see the 'ratings' or 'scores' promoted by the CRAs, are quite entitled not to offer credit to anyone they choose to decline....

I have no defaults, missed payments. at all. ever.
    All my account have been open for many many years.
    I am using less than 5% of my available credit at any given time.
    I have lots of available credit.
    I have no searches in last 2 years.
    I have never been rejected for credit or a mortgage or anything like that.
    I haven't moved house in 10 years. Always been on electoral roll.
    All online credit agencies say there is nothing I can do to improve my report and give me the highest possible "scores".
  • eskbanker
    Forumite
    Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I meant 'on what grounds did you get Tandem to remove a search from your credit file'?

All the factors you post are reasons why you think they should lend you money but to the best of my knowledge none of them are valid reasons for a prospective lender to remove a true and accurate record of a credit search that they made at your request....
  • System
    Community Admin
    edited 16 November 2018 at 1:50PM
    Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I meant 'on what grounds did you get Tandem to remove a search from your credit file'?

All the factors you post are reasons why you think they should lend you money but to the best of my knowledge none of them are valid reasons for a prospective lender to remove a true and accurate record of a credit search that they made at your request....

I asked them on what grounds did they reject my application. (I contested it). They either could not, or would not give me a reason. I pushed them further that the search should never have been carried out as clearly there was no way I was ever going to be accepted for an unknown reason they are not able to give me. (I suspect a software failing on their part). I asked them if they would remove the search based on the fact they cannot provide me a reason to my rejection. I.e. sullied my credit history for no good reason, they agreed. I suspect they didn't want me digging deeper into their systems to find serious flaws/breaches. But who knows.

Long story short the FSA dictates "Credit card and loan providers too must make it clear why they have rejected a credit application if you ask"

Tandem could not and would not.

n.b. I am not actually sure if they have removed the search as promised, I should check that.
  • eskbanker
    Forumite
    Still seems odd to me that a credit provider would agree to wipe a record of a search and I imagine that you can see the irony in proudly claiming that you "have no searches in last 2 years" while simultaneously highlighting that you knowingly got one deleted!

And on a minor pedantic point, the FSA doesn't dictate anything other than Food Standards, the financial regulator has been the FCA for over five years now....
  • System
    Community Admin
    Still seems odd to me that a credit provider would agree to wipe a record of a search and I imagine that you can see the irony in proudly claiming that you "have no searches in last 2 years" while simultaneously highlighting that you knowingly got one deleted!

And on a minor pedantic point, the FSA doesn't dictate anything other than Food Standards, the financial regulator has been the FCA for over five years now....

Not sure quite why but you seem rather irked with my post? Or determined to find fault. I'm just telling it like it is.

FSA, FCA, potato potato....

I have no searches in the last 2 years other than Tandem, which, I believe has been removed. Ergo.... I have no searches in the last 2 years.

Tandem are obliged to indicate why my application was rejected. They were not able to. As such I asked them to remove the search. They agreed.

End of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport