Cross Stitch Cafe 2018

Comments

• Hello, I'm a long term lurker and am currently working on https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/102678432/cross-stitch-chart-nova-orbis-tabula

which I am several months into and struggling - there are 36 A4 pages! I've done some other embroidery bits and bobs over the last year and have so many planned projects and a huge stash. OH got me a full set of DMC floss for Christmas and I've only just finished putting those on bobbins and putting them neatly in storage boxes. I wish I had more time for cross stitch!
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello skint_chick (waves)
    Lovely to have you posting and wow to 34 A4 pages - that is true determination. Lovely design - is it for you or a gift??
    I too have an (almost) full set of DMC threads and got a bobbin winder to assist with putting them on bobbins. I just LOVE to look at all the pretty colours in the boxes (strange I know).
    I have a busy weekend ahead but I'm hoping to fit in a hour or so of craft on Sunday. The weeks go past so quickly it's crazy!
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi guys and welcome to the caf! skint_chick

Coxy, I just had a look at Stumpwork, it sounds fascinating, be strong when you go hopefully you'll be too busy stitching to worry about things. I can't wait to see what you make. Yay on finding the frame and which crochet blanket are you working on? I've done the main part of my bag just the top and straps to go.

Skint_chick, wow that's a project, how many pages have you managed we'd love to see a progress photo. I too have a full DMC set, except for the new colours they made was it last year? Thankfully my charts are older so don't need them yet.

I've done a little bit of crochet and stitching since I last posted not much though, like coxy says the weeks are just flying by. I did decide on my elvis stitch, it will be https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vervaco-Elvis-Presley-Cross-Stitch-Kit/dp/B00LI2XRAE I just need some time now as it's the first time I've ever had a UFO, I normally finish 1 project before starting a new one, but I've got the wolf and bauble wreath on the go.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    This is the stumpwork course:
    https://www.royal-needlework.org.uk/courses/details/15596
    I wonder if mine will look like that lol!

The crochet blanket kit is from black sheep wools. It's the apres ski blanket but I can't find the link. They might have sold out!

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Coxy11
  • nmm
    Coxy, I love the Bee stumpwork, can't wait to see your version. Great looking blanket, have you much more to do? I follow Lucy at Attic24 she makes the most colourful crochet blankets, I won't make one as my cat will scratch it to pieces :(
    Thought i'd post a small progress update, managed 30 mins of stitching today :j These are my 2 WIP Wild Wolf and Bauble Wreath

39354291094_9a3b5101c4_n.jpg 39354292504_3355502341_n.jpg

And this is my current progress

39354288964_1753f41a42.jpg
    39354294664_b00e785453.jpg
  • Coxy11 wrote: »
    Hello skint_chick (waves)
    Lovely to have you posting and wow to 34 A4 pages - that is true determination. Lovely design - is it for you or a gift??

It's for me, for my craft room/office. I'm on the 6th full page, although there are chunks of several pages started. I get bored of filling in the smaller gaps easily!

IMG_20180203_215131_zpsvuj77lls.jpg
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • nmm
    Skint Chick, the detail is amazing, it would take me a lifetime to stitch that.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Skintchick that looks amazing

Did some stitching on wolf at the weekend, can just stay about make out what it is, I'm on the first page of four so it will take a while.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    Managed a couple of hours stitching on my bauble wreath, I've finished the X's on the large bow, just doing the baubles now.

38555246410_c0b20be38a_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family