Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Wow! Amazing decision - just wow! Definitely flashing neon lights were in order!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you greent, just keeping everything crossed we can pull it off!

A long day out yesterday, but no pennies spent despite all the amazing trade stands and all our own food taken. All tickets and car parking had been paid earlier in the year.

I'm procrastinating a bit this morning. I'm tired from yesterday and I'm trying to decide what needs to be done today.

There is of course more fencing, which will free up more pennies when complete as we can move the horses in, there is a huge mountain of ironing and I should spend some time sending out invoices. I will sit here with s cup of tea first I think.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just caught up just in time for the start of your new mfw journey! You've already achieved so much.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thank you CathT, welcome along.

So far today I have completed the ironing, done a freezer inventory and decluttered a kitchen cupboard. Not bad considering how tired I am.

Definitely not enough energy for fencing today, but we have been up the horses to feed them and tried to hitch up and move the old defunct trailer. We couldn't get hitched though as jockey wheel is not moving. New plan is to maybe cut it up at some point. The dog didn't need much of a walk either as he is completely shattered too!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    New jockey wheels aren't TOO expensive?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thanks SHS, I hadn't thought of replacing it as we are just going to tow it to the scrap metal place. It might be less hassle to do that than to chop it up. Maybe hubby just wants to get the power tools out though!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    That's two days of work out the way. Looks like one of the projects I'm working on has been pushed out until near the end of the year, so no sign of coming to an end any time soon, which all helps the pennies coming in.

The mortgage broker has got all the documents from us and taken card payment for arrangement fee but still waiting on something from our accountant, which is a bit frustrating. Hubby will chase this up today.

Our new house is still showing for sale on RM and EA websites. I would have though it should show at least under offer by now? This has been chased up too, along with a request for some detailed information, but no response from EA yet.

Currently we are going through the freezer to use up all the things that have been in there ages and I have at last started to send out some of the backlog of invoices. There is not much of a backlog but just the ones which needed some checking and amendments. I have noticed there are quite a few that haven't been paid that need chasing up too (my least favourite job!). I'm aiming to do a couple each evening.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    The mortgage application should have been placed today, there's been a lot of requirements due to our circumstances so I feel the mortgage broker fee was well worth the money really. Especially as I thought I was reasonably clued up from hanging around here!

The mortgage will be at a slightly higher % due to it now being a 90% LTV and not the originally planned 60%, but we have the sliding scale of the LTV vs %, so we have an idea of when to review remortgaging once we start OPs. Although it might also be worth checking after the extension is completed too.

Not much else happening, we are slowly working our way through the freezer, although made a huge tuna pasta bake tonight which used up tins from the cupboard and found another portion of soup in the freezer when I thought I had used them all up.

DD2 has her driving test tomorrow first thing, fingers crossed she passes.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope it goes well for DD2 :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • EatingTheElephant
    EatingTheElephant Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2017 at 7:13PM
    Options
    thanks greent, unfortunately she wasn't successful but has it rebooked already on advice of her driving instructor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure